• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Yesterdays deuce issues questions

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Take some pics. I hope the trunion did not get "busted up" from being loose. I think someone posted about how theirs was screwed up from that.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
#1 What synchro? Drain tranny gear oil and drag a magnet through it. Refill.

#2 Drain all rear oil and drag a magnet through it. If clear of metal, refill with synthetic multi-grade 90-140 gear oil for the summer months there in GA.

#3 Strange it is in both rears at once. Tear down and inspect the right rear brakes. Drain and flush the rear brake fuid with mil-spec. These things are on a PM schedule. When were they last completed. Consult the TM. My trucks get the treatment at least once a year. Its part of an annual inspection. I don't operate a MV without it.
Well the synchro would be 3rd, the 2nd issue as stated above was the trunion bearing not oil, and #3 was an overtorqued bearing not non mil-spec brake fluid.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take some pics. I hope the trunion did not get "busted up" from being loose. I think someone posted about how theirs was screwed up from that.
Gimp, nothing was hurt from it. As strange as it sounds, it just started.:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks