• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker motor swap

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to err on the side of caution, I dug the drain tile coil out from under the ice and snow today and put it in the garage to start thawing out and melting off. If I don't need to bring it, it's not hurting anything being there. If I need to bring it, that at least it will be usable.

Sounds like DH may be planning on doin some cookin. :razz:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bryan, they are actually doing the swap at Stretch's Ranch/Farm/ Green truck breeding area.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Dh and I spoke earlier, sounds like we have a donation from a SS member of some food! Thank you very much (E)! DH has some beef to bring and I will try to hit up Costco before I leave. Crusher said his exhaust duct is in the area of 12ft long with a couple extensions to add.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alrighty Gimp, today (Wednesday) I got you a 20-25' piece of that corrugated pipe cut off, and in the truck for tomorrow. Thursday morning, I'll be leaving early to make my run out through Dayton to pick up Lane's stuff and head up to stretches. I'll have the pipe with me, and I'll bring my extension cords and the lights we talked about with me so you'll have them since you said you were going to be running power and stringing lights Thursday. Then because of the limited space available in the wife's truck, on Friday when I come back up for the weekend, I'll have the heaters and my tools and such.

Anything else I need to bring let me know now. If not, I'll c-ya tomorrow afternoon sometime. You have my number if you have any problems on the way up....since I'll be out in that area anyway.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speddmon dropped off some lights, cords, and lane's M60 tank engine hoist frames yesterday about 1pm. Gimpy, doghead, and Bgekky arrived about 3 yesterday.

Got the pole barn cleaned out, shoveled some snow out of the way, and the doors closed. Electric, lights, and heat are on. Still need to get an air compressor moved. Started to tear apart the M62 engine for removal.

Leak tested gimpy's 3 radiators and repaired 2 of them. One is being installed in the M108 crane this morning, then it is being moved to the pole barn for the engine swap.

If things go really well, the M62 will run today, we will see. Going to make a short trip to Glens surplus in Shelby, gimpy is buying a fuel tank, and the other guys need to see the place.

Dennis

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also have 3 ugly dudes sacked out in the living/dining room... Not the prettiest thing to see when ya wake up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As Motley as this crew may seem, they took time out of their day yesterday to call me on a speaker phone to make sure my wife's family in Haiti were all OK and accounted for. This is just another example of the character of some of the folks on this forum. Guys, thanks for keeping my family in your thoughts and prayers.