• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker motor swap

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I was busy working and didn't bring a camera. I delivered his parts at the GA rally. We simply unbolted the subframe from the tipper and set it on the 353. It is in rough shape, but most of that will be taken care of when I chop off the bed sides. The distance between the brake drums is 70". Thats roughly 5'8", the bed width will be cut down to 5'6". I like the "walkway" on the outside of the tipper bed, so I will make something to resemble that and help stiffen the bed sides. Pics of that project soon.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gimp, When you cut off the bed sides I need the upper lip in one of the back sections that was cut out on kennys M59. I'll see if I can find a picture of what I need, or maybe Kenny can explain it better.:roll:

gimpyrobb

I was going to let you know I got the dog bones, front marker lights, and grill guard. What else did you need? The cab protector is at Stretch's if anyone needs one. It is in ROUGH shape tough.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That should do it gimp. We may swing through that way on a WI trip in June.

gimpyrobb

Thanks Nick, the disk you got us was "corrupt" according to Stretch's PC. I thought it might be encrypted if you did it at work.

ALSO! If you are working on a 5ton and have the motor out, check the steering box bolts. I had some "wander" in my steering and some of the bolts were loose. It would have been MUCH easier to tighten them when the motor was out! DH also said he has seen many 5tons with the steering bolts loose. Just thought I would post this so it is out there for someone to see/read if the do a motor swap.

Alredneck

Banned
Gimp you found my hair extensions!!!! ( last pic ) I want them back for my late night ask not outings!

Good job fellas, when I finish figuring out teleportation, then maybe I can go to more stuff!

Kenny, Iwas thinking the same as Lane, good to here everyone is safe! The " STAN " seems like she just got back!

The PIG Smith

I want to publicly apologize, after asking if I could attend this event, my son and I did not show up.

Our family got up super early and drove to the 45th Annual Winter Hike at Hocking Hills State Park near Logan, Ohio.
Hocking Hills Winter Hike

I hope that when you fellows have another Wrench-O-Thon, that I am still invited.