• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy Central

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, I'm trying to be a comm hub for folks in the convoy. Here's what I know so far. The green serial is pressing on just outside of Kirkersville. They have the M37 running in front at around 40MPH. Westech got held up in Chi-town for 3 hours and is 50 miles north of Dayton on I75. He's going to have to play catch-up. Mangus is held up in some small town getting his radiator repaired. he should be back on the road here before long. if anyone wants to post up info they have on progress, please do so. I'll be getting on the line with Clinto trying to see what the GA contingent is up to. For any & all, my cell number is (954)803-1569. Lets make this web encompass all our brothers and sisters out there on the road and do what we can to make sure they arrive.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had signed up for the convoy, but am still trying to catch up with my non-MV related stuff and won't make Doswell.
As a matter of fact, probably won't make it to Aberdeen at all, with the deuce in its current condition, the oil pressure is still lower than it should be and I may be pushing my luck driving another 1,000 miles. There is some knocking and I'l have to drop the oil pan and check the bearings before embarking on another long trip.

I have locust lumber for Joel to deliver and we'll have to make another arrangement for it.
A battery box for "Ziggy" will be shipped at a later date.
Despite all the trouble Chris has been through, on my behalf, with the load of WVO, I'll have to decline. I'm sure Mike (mangus) or somebody else will be happy to take it off your hands Chris. A big "thank you" for your effort!

If you guys see any parts for the 8x8, let me know. :)

Thanks

PS. Blue spaces N3 O3 are open for parking or whatever, they are registered in my name and I will not be using them. :cry:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK gang, here's what I know. The green serial from the west is about 35 miles from their stop point for the night. Westech got delayed 3 hours in Chi-town and was significantly behind. He's made up lots of time and is only about 30 minutes behind the rest of the green serial. Mangus had problems with his radiator but luckily he called ahead to Devilman and Dman found him a radiator shop 30 miles ahead of his location. He stopped, got the radiator repaired and is back on the road. He's about 3 1/2 hrs out of Aberdeen and is pressing on. I've tried to get Cabell and Clinto on the horn to report their location but with no luck. I'll update when I can.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I'm told, the yellow serial is at Doswell. No personal confirmation of that yet.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bjorn sorry to hear you won't make it. I off-loaded the barrel of WVO and it is now in the back of my pick-up. I will stick it somewhere if you want to come get it later. I am not about to stick that stinkin thing back in the 923 after all the effort I went through to clean it ;) Maybe you can come get it in the 8x8 when it is running!

Kenny, thanks for the update. Chad got here this afternoon and we are getting everything loaded up for the trip. We are going to leave out around 5 or 5:30 am for Doswell. Hopefully the rest of the convoy will go smooth!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the latest info folks. Just got off the horn with Cabell Garbee. They have arrived in Doswell and are getting checked in. Gasser shredded a tire on the M101. The M101 is now riding on top of the M200 AM General is towing. Nice to have a wrecker in the convoy. Also just got a txt from Westech, he's caught up with the rest of the serial. They will be arriving within the next 20 or 30 minutes at their stop over. Also spoke with gimpyrobb in the green serial. They are chugging along at M37 speed. All in all, looks like everyone is going to make it.

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
I, unfortunately riding in a Buick, have arrived at Aberdeen. Looking forward to seeing ya'll tomorrow.

Regards,
David Doyle

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least you've made it David. I'll see you Friday afternoon/eve timeframe. What time will you leave the show? I won't arrive until about 630pm

m35a2cowner

Kirkersville fuel/and meeting stop

Had a chance to meet a few Steel Soldiers on their way to Aberdeen. All were doing well and looking forward to the trip. Here are a few pictures of their vehicles for those poor soles, like me, who are unable to go. Have fun everyone.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Kirkersville fuel/and meeting stop

Man, is that the same M342A2 I looked at last year? That thing looks fantastic Jeff. Wow. No new updates as of yet. I'll post anything I get folks.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Saw Clinto and a few others in NC. (we passed in a F250) WE arrived at about 7:30 PM. Looking forward to putting a few names with faces God's Speed to all those on the road.

Chuck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Chuck, did you make it all the way to Aberdeen?

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

I am glad to hear Mike is all right I was waiting for his phone call to help him set up the GP Medium I gave him at Jim Thorpe. If anyone needs anything close to Aberdeen I am only 25 miles south of there so I can run back for welding or other work. My cell phone is the best way to get me the number is 443-722-7954. I will be meeting up with Cabell's serial on I 95 tomorrow in the Suburban since I have to split by 1530 to make my daughters playoff soccer game. I will be back in the duece either later in the evening or on Friday morning. Thanks for the updates and I am really looking forward to meeting all the great folks who are on this site. Prayers are on going for you all.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Sorry I couldn't make the convoy this time. Hope everyone makes it well - I'll be up there on Thursday early afternoon...

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ok guys, I gotta make this quick, I am tired and need some sleep.

Am in Doswell now, got here about 2100 hours. Very tired, have covered 500+miles today.

Graham did shread a tire and we put his trailer on top of Catlett''s M200 and I am pulling them both. AM General haqs his 105 behind his M816 wrecker.

We are with Herc69, Ferroequineologist, CGarbee and his friend Chuck, Gasser, AM General, etc.

I have posted the pics on my photobucket account, go there for the pics.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/clinto1/Aberdeen 2007/?start=all

Here are a few samples:

Attachments

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Kirkersville fuel/and meeting stop

Recovry4x4 said:
Man, is that the same M342A2 I looked at last year? That thing looks fantastic Jeff. Wow. No new updates as of yet. I'll post anything I get folks.

Thanks for the kind words Kenny. Only you and I know how bad that dump truck was to begin with. Don't look at it too closely, I still have a lot to do . . . - but it definitely has been upgraded from "hideous" to "almost respectable" :wink:

Kenny, thanks also for your role in helping us get hooked up with Westech today.

I am happy to report that the green serial is all present and accounted for -safe and sound in West Virginia for the night.

See ya all tomorrow.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Kirkersville fuel/and meeting stop

Good deal Jeff, I'd also like to add that I just heard from Mangus. He just shut the truck off at his hotel in Aberdeen, he made it. Now I can hit the sack. Until tomorrrow......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks