• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy Central

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Kirkersville fuel/and meeting stop

OK, Been watchin like a hawk here. There have been some good pics so far. Are we gonna see more images of the SS gang? It has been cool to put some faces with names. Hope all on their way to Aberdeen have a fun, safe and uneventful...only bad experiences...trip there and back. Is there a tally of how many members are attending?

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Kirkersville fuel/and meeting stop

Good point Will - a group picture of the SS should be a requirement I'd say *waits for picture*

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK guys, here is an update.

I am having to do this from the lobby of our dive hotel, as the internet isn't working in the rooms. The drooling moron at the coounter assures us someone is coming to look at it tomorrow.

Left Doswell this morning after meeting up with Chris Stansbury and his brother, traffic was heavy as we got into the urban and industrialized areas of Maryland. Got separated several times due to traffic lights.

Got to the meeting point and waited maybe 45 minutes or so for the other serials to show up (they had some issues) and when they got there, we all rode in. It was very exciting.

We saw ArmyMan30+Years on the interstate, he was waving us on, that was kind of cool. For those of us who aren't familiar with the area, it was a sign we were getting close.

I have posted more pics on the photobucket album, go here:

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a90/clinto1/Aberdeen 2007/?start=all

My transfer leak seems to have subsided, only to be replaced by a noisy throwout bearing. Otherwise, truck is running good with over 700 miles on the trip so far.

I have met some awesome folks from SS and everyone has been great. It really is fun to put a face with the personality that comes through the monitor here on SS.

I will try to log in tomorrow and give some updates.

Here are some teaser shots:

Attachments

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Clinto! The last two images are from that parking lot in Doswell, been there a couple of times. Makes me feel like an old fart not being able to participate.
Those traffic lights will cut up the convoy, you really have to check the rear view mirror every time.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just going to comment on the lot at the Best Western Bjorn. Been there too. Looks good Clinto. See ya tonight. OK, I'm outta here!

Stuck in Michigan three. I swore I would not miss this year but there is too much work going on and with our awful economy you can't pass it up. Thankfully our local group (Company "A" Great Lakes MVPA) has got some good events this year.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't wait for an event out here in sunny So. Cal! MVPA says their gonna back a rally in the near future!

Timberwolf

I'll be there tommorrow.... work and my bro's graduation kept me today/tonight.

hope to meet a few of you tommorrow, i'll be there early.

410-259-3577

-A.J.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ok, finally have wifi in the room, guess the mongoloids got it fixed.

I have not bought anything but a lot of the guys have. I met more folks from SS today and Kenny got here.

I took a lot of pics today but I left the camera in the Deuce and I am back at my dive hotel.

I will try to post tomorrow

Later

Clinto

alphadeltaromeo

Clint

You're doing a stellar job keeping us all informed...yes the "us" that can't go...sniffle...sniffle...hehe - Thanks for your excellent reports, including pictures!

Note: he's a Southern boy [thumbzup] ... kidding *wink*

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey everybody.....

Well, I guess Westy, CCATLETT1984 and I should have bought that SPF90 sunblock we were snickering at in the middle of the night..............I have turned a bit pink......... :oops:

I think I have everything for the "Green Iron Express" that is supposed to be coming South..........it's all loaded up.

We might go to the Aberdeen museum today, there was some chatter about that yesterday or the day before (can't remember, allt he days are running together).

We're having a lot of fun, yesterday, we all laughed so hard I think Mangus threw up a little or wet himself, he wouldn't admit which. Meeting all the SS folks is great. I already can't wait until next year!

Will try to post some pics tonight

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks