• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Convoy Central

citizensoldier

Good job Clinto.. Any word on my stuff from CAT? Motor block and M105 bows and side racks?
Cant wait for the pictures. Thank you and keep them coming for the rest of us loosers that couldnt go.. Glad your deuce made it without any major problems..Good job busting your butt on that one.
Lane

mangus580

Clinto, you missed all the REAL laughter. it was 03:00 when I finally couldnt take it anymore. The "Downhill Bill" adventure was just top notch!!! And ask gimpyrobb about his 'warm' welcome for Devilman :)

All I know, is I am losing my voice this morning from laughing so hard for about 3 hours straight last night!!

Oh yeah, I should take some pictures huh? I dont even know where our camera is...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike and Clinto, you are there and you communicate via the steelsoldiers site! That's dedication. :)
Last day of the show and no pictures? Come on guys.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were all those vehicles at the show? I didn't hardly leave the Steel Soldiers area unless I was looking for someone. Didn't buy a thing but tee shirts but got lotsa cool stuff to bring home. Clinto, owe you big time Sir!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

mangus580

BTW... I think we only have 2 members left on the road at this point. Clinto, who has got to be getting close I would think, and Westech who at last report was about 200 miles out, leaking diesel from the injector pump, and brakes getting weak (ie worn out I think). Cross your fingers for Westy!

CGarbee

I just want to think Kenny for keeping in touch with everyone on thier way up to Aberdeen during the ECC. It was really a relief for me to pull into Doswell on Wednesday night and have my phone ring with Kenny and the Convoy Report.

I told him that next year (2008 ECC) that we are all going to have to paint the noses of our trucks different colors so that he can have an easier time of watching over us... :)

Seriously: I had a really great time and am amazed that so many of you participated in the Convoy. I hope that everyone had fun, and that you all are planning on doing it again next year.

I'm already in the planning mode for next year and will have a thread started for you to post your thoughts on how we can improve (and what you want to do for Friday night food, Friday convoy to a local park for supper, t-shirts, etc...).

Westech

CPL
Hey Garbee... how about a trip to the Aberdeen proving grounds. i have been to the show 2 years now and have not made it. What about a huge group for maybe a tour also?

CCATLETT1984

I am still at Gilbert's house and will be headed home to MI in the morning. I have the Engine block and mermites for you CS, but the m105 sides were not at the show to pick up. I will post my pics and a link to the video of the crane lift when i get home tomorrow.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd like to see the APG Museum as well.

CGarbee

Hmm, sounds like an idea... going over the APG is something that I keep missing as well (did it last year on Sunday after everything had closed, so only got to see the outdoor exhibits..). We'd make a splash taking the Convoy over... :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks