• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fontana, Ca MV final resting place trip

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is for an official headcount for a trip to the Fontana, Ca. salvage yard. I know bigmike is done for the month and polverone is good for the last w-end of the month, so let's see if we can come up with a good day for all who wanna go. I called Tim and Tom, they said any weekend is good, usually after 1200 hrs. Let's start with 14 July, 2007 .How's that sound? For the guys who wanna come from No. cal, we can meet at my house and go in my truck or convoy. The guys from Az, meet at th 15/10 interchange or close to there and the guys from south of L.A. at the same. It's all up to us, just gotta give them a date a week or so b-4 we wanna go. Theres a killer taco stand out there. We can get there early and mow then go scrounging. It will be HOT out there. It's about a 40 min trip from my house in my p/u, 1 to 1:15 in the deuce. Anyone have other dates that are good for you?

Attachments

area52

i can't make it but can someone check the 5 ton wreckers and see how much a runner costs and pm me some prices? Not worried about body shape just a decent runner that the boom and winches work.

thanks

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I'd like to join in on the 14th, as long as nothing comes up to conflict with the trip. I told another MV collector friend of mine who doesn't hang out here, and he'd like to go, too. We would both meet y'all there at the yard, I guess.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: trailor stuff

Matt, you want the pintle loop that will slide into that huge receiver correct? If give me a measurement of the hole and how long it needs to be.

Hey-oh, I am in!!
There's plenty of weekends between now and then to reserve that day. Thanks for organizing this Will. It will be good to see you and Big Mike again and hopefully Kevin from Az and a chance to meet some of the other members like JDToumanian if he can make i - he is within the kill zone at least.
Since this is a West Coast thing and a lot of members from the other side of the continent would be dying to go or acquire items I have a suggestion -

If anyone wants parts (small items that is) they could post their items desired here. Since we do not know pricing as of yet Will or I could get their phone number through a PM and on the day of the treasure hunt if we find said item(s) we could give them a call. Ifat the time of that phone call the pricing is deemed good for them we would get a credit card # from said buyer (I have a terminal here at the office) and then ship it off to them. Of course the shipping charge (actual) would be added as well.

Now the disclaimer -
There would be a .02% fee to cover the cost of the CC transaction which the bank charges me - I don't get it personally.

I'll have decal for all participants - "What me worry?" www.steelsoldiers.com

Heck if I get time I could make up a "First Annual Left Coast Scavenger Hunt" decal. :roll:

BTW, me loves tacos too!! :)

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Digital camera, WIFI = instant pic of the part to the interested person! :)

WillWagner said:
Digital camera, WIFI = instant pic of the part to the interested person! :)
Oh man, you are hi-tech!! Parts scroungin' in real time.

I can just see CNN News............."Today the 14th of July.......FLASH!! - The whole country shut down today as thousands sat glued to their computers waiting to see the treasure. We haven't had such a keen interest since the first live telecast of the Titanic dive." :lol:

BKinzey

Hey Polverone, just caught this. You will be charging 2% for Credit Cards. Not 2 hundredths of a percent. :lol: :lol:

Of course if I do charge something feel free to move the decimal up two points. Would be a great incentive :p :p

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Looks like I am in as well. The wife says we have no plans and I happen to have the day off. Cant think of anything I need but sounds like a good time. [thumbzup]

24-VOLTS

Well unfortunatly we have plans on the 14. So will you guys take alot of pictures for me. This trip was planned in advance.
Thanks Will for putting this together !!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks