• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

updated pics, 5 ton 4 door

davesgmc

the extra cab is on and bolted down. will stretch the side out tomorrow and put plenty of reinforcements in the floor and sides. Still have not decided if the bed will remain as far back as it is now, then put spare tire there with a bed mounted hist or push bed forward to center it over the wheels.

Attachments

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Looks great, I like the idea of the spare in that gap.
I have a sneaking suspicion the pics in this thread may eventually set a record for most times viewed.

grounded

Banned
I am saving this thread. This is so much of what i been waiting to see. Will be following this one and please keep the step by step pics coming. i Also like the idea of a crew cab and takes alot of the thought of somethings out for us already.. [thumbzup]

davesgmc

yeah, the radiator is stuck out in front of where the grill SHOULD be. it does have a 671 Detroit in it. the engine is just too long to get the whole thing under the hood. so someone put the radiator outside where it should be. EVENTUALLY I will re-do the grill and radiator area to clean it up a bit, not sure what i am gonna do just yey. I may stretch the font fenders and hood to make it all fit under the hood. I would ahve to rename the truc, STRETCH if I did that!
I will put the shoe series of pics in an album and a step by step story how I did it all whe its fin ished. A project like this is NEVER truely finished is it?

m.walker

Looks good Dave I won't be able to get at the lugs till mon. or tues . If I have time sun. I'd like to drop by and check out the progress . That's a whole lotta truck you have there !!! I think we have enough room on the trail for it , if not you can bully your way through !

davesgmc

got one side done today

I got the drivers side of the extra cab stretched out today. it was a bit more work than what i thought it was going to be. but its sorta kinda done. gonna do the passengers side as soon as i can.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks