• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

updated pics, 5 ton 4 door

crasheej

Now you've done it. You would think by now with all the threads about deuces and 5 tons most people would know that a lot of the stuff is used on both. Just my thoughts.

oldMan99

ELMO has his own web page. look under the email address frankntruck@yahoo.com to fid him on facebook.

as far as updates,,, starter is worn out, need new one. brakes are bad, master cl is leaking, need to locate rebuild kit.
Dave, I don't know if your still reading this thread but in order to get to see your facebook page I must be a facebook member, which I am not. Any chance you could post a few of the finished pics here?

I'm really interested to see how you finished it out. Did you put the tire behind the cab? mount a hoist? what kind of A/C did you use? And only about a million other questions that might be answered by being able to see pics of your killer build...

Thanks in advance!!!!

davesgmc

Thinking about taking the spare tire off elmo, moving the bed forward 3 feet to bring it more in proportin, chop off the excess rear frame, move hitch forward. moving that hitch forward is what is gonna be a chore, Lots of holes to drill in that thing! and i certaily have to have them all there to tow the 10 ton trailer wit the ferret on it. BTW, Elmo drove oklahoma and back, with ferret in tow, Top sped was 74 mph! that ws down hill of course. up hill,,,,,can someimes drop to 40,,,lol. Flat ground average speed of about 65.

Attachments

davesgmc

Interior aint no where near done, gottabuild a back seat. put a/c in. poer windows, ll new dash guages (digital?). Make a new tp. Mrp front seats. radio racks in back sea for radios. Sero system to rock and roll on. gun racks. have complete interior rhino lined. etc.etc. this project will NEVERbe finished. when it is "finished" I will sell it .

If I could make it bigger, I WOULD!

pul 6-71 detroit out and install the 12v92? That shuold get it to twist a drive shft huh?

Bighurt

Don't I wish...the one pictured is a marine version. Different manifolds...

I think the 671 and the 12v92 are the same length, my concern was the width and your inner fender well.

davesgmc

inner fender wells can certaily be modified if need be. That wold be a big project to swap my 12 cyl in, but is definaely not in the dont do list yet. the 6-71 is down on power a bit, but wil still out run a multi on the road. pull sthe same loaded with 11k being pulled and another 3k n the bed. Getting the bed moved and the new fuel tanks on is first on the list. then on to the front end. want to sretch the front fenders, extend the hood out. then re-wire the complete truck.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:cool:_____Diesel Fitter !_____:cool:

For Cool and Useful Modifications to a Large Diesel truck,
As Judged Solely by the Grand Visier of PBR Inverter Welder Hacks,
The Covetous and Rarefied Diesel Fitter Award is Hereby Bestowed Upon
davesgmc

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks