• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

updated pics, 5 ton 4 door

davesgmc

nope, no roll cage. and just a soft top as all military truck should have. That is going to be the bigget challenge is making a top that looks correct. but I gota get all the big stuff done first. I got the generator put in last night, mounted it between the frame raisl in the rear way up high. its an onan 2800w unit. that will power up anyhitng i want in the truck and then some. INCLUDING the a/c unit in the cab.

OSO

Looks like I KNOW where to ship my M328 to, for the extra doors !!! I have the 16.00x20 on it already.And newly bushed torque rods to install.:wink:

davesgmc

I need to find 2 sets of the window guides for a soft top. I pan on using those, cut up and custom fabbed to seal up the widows against the top, and attach the top to. For now I am just gonna use a tarp as a top and worry about making it right later. its gonna be gettin warm soon and I am gonna want to drive it, top or no top.

PREDATOR

Is it possible to get some updated pictures? I've been searching the site for hours... I'm a huge fan of what your are doing to your rig, like a kid watching his favorite cartoon!!!

davesgmc

recently moved, so project is on hold, truck has been being used to move all my stuff,,,kinda a pain to load stuff into a bed 5.5 feet off the ground though. will post some updated pics later when i get a chance

cj454

This is awesome. I want to do this to my truck when I get it. Please post any info you can for a part list etc if you have one and any tips.
I want to make mine a bobbed with a shorty bed. kinda like a hummer/jeep 4 door on steroids :)

davesgmc

parts list,,,truck,,,extra cab,,,lots of scrap metal. tools,,welder, sander, paint gun,,,what else is there? hard to say what i did and didnt use,,it was kinda of a play it by ear thing.

davesgmc

i paid 100 for my used cab, bare cab with doors, you wont ned wiondshield or dash, but you will need top bows if you plan on doing a soft top. most people take the easy way out and make a hard top,,,,all military truck should have a soft top!

Maverick1701

judging by his avatar I would say it has long been completed.

pics or it didnt happen!!! lol

I saw that after I already posted up but I would love to see some pics of the finished product if he is still around the forum...those 4 door trucks look sharp!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks