• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp dirtbag monster truck!

100dollarman

I am going for "The biggest Truck" award at Camp DB this year! Building this one as we speak--

The Plan-
Take a VERY nice 10K mile M818, lose the 5th whl hitch, install 16.00-20 XZL tires on HEMTT wheels, cut and shorten a deuce bed and mount it so there is a walkway between the tool box/spare and the box, and a very short overhang off the back. Then give her a fresh coat of OD grn/Blk camo paint! Instant MONSTER Truck!!!!

The beginning pics---

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aren't those the same wheel/tires Phil (Barneyszoo) is running on his five ton? And being a factory cargo truck his is longer, so bigger?

:)

You might wanna give it a lift kit and even bigger tires.

Gonna look great though man! Can't wait for DIRTBAG!!

4x4e350

Nice!

Exactly what I want to do, if I ever can pick my truck up. Except I plan on using the new T831's for a while, just can't afford those real big tires.:cry:

100dollarman

Aren't those the same wheel/tires Phil (Barneyszoo) is running on his five ton? And being a factory cargo truck his is longer, so bigger?

:)

You might wanna give it a lift kit and even bigger tires.

Gonna look great though man! Can't wait for DIRTBAG!!

DAMMM!!! I forgot about that effer! I guess I'm gonna have to put some 16.00s on the Expando Van! That thing is HUGE!

:beer:

:grd:

Attachments

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When exactly is DB, anyways? Going thru the thread gives me a headache! Weekend of Nov 6 right?:?:
Yes. Kewl mofos are getting there the 4th to secure the area and to block all roads leading to the mine.

armytruck63

I keep reading about the "mine". Will somebody please let those of us really far away know what happened?
The Mojave Desert is loaded with old mine shafts, tailing piles and other mining relics going back 100 years or more. The old shafts are particularly dangerous and every year someone gets too close and falls in, often with the quad or motorcycle they're riding.

I once got yanked off the dirt bike I was riding by a large piece of cable that was sticking up out of the ground. Other than a sore leg and wounded pride, I was OK.

The BLM has been filling in many old mines but there are still a lot of dangerous sites around.

At a previous Camp Dirtbag, there were some scary moments with a deuce near a mine (it wasn't me - I wasn't there).

HE HE: just made General with this post!

Last edited:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a freakin' sweet looking truck! We're gonna have some big boys at DIRTBAG!!

100dollarman

Really crunched for time now!
I got a new Plasma cutter and this was its first job- cutting the bed. We need to practice with it! Works great, but a circular saw blade makes such a perfect cut. The Plasma will save us some time (hopefully) on some of our truck builds. I have never had one before, so its fun.

CRUNCH TIME PLANS-

Weld up the bed in the am. Then install onto frame of truck. Look at mounting some mudflaps. I am going to TRY to shoot it OD Green tomorrow too. The blk camo might have to wait, we'll see...

Job one tomorrow is to get Thegreenman76's Bobber done-- so my first priority is there. Any extra time will be on the CDBMT (Camp Dirtbag Monster Truck!)

Attachments

100dollarman

Pics of work done by 0730-

Now working on bolting the bed down, masking the trk and prepping for paint, figuring out mudflaps-
I am leaving enough room to mount a 16.00 spare later. I'll build a custom holder/toolbox for it. To go between the cab and bed. A small crane may be a good idea too.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks