• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Camp dirtbag monster truck!

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics of work done by 0730-

Now working on bolting the bed down, masking the trk and prepping for paint, figuring out mudflaps-

Hundy,

Will the standard 818 mudflaps brackets work with the super singles or are you looking to mount to the bed. Reason being, I am in the process of putting deuce type mudflaps on my truck and the 818 mudflap brackets will soon be orphans. Not going to be right away though. If you want them let me know.

Last edited:

100dollarman

Hundy,

Will the standard 818 mudflaps brackets work with the super singles or are you looking to mount to the bed. Reason being, I am in the process of putting deuce type mudflaps on my truck and the 818 mudflap brackets will soon be orphans. Not going to be right away though. If you want them let me know.

Thank you for the offer, Brian- but I have them already. I think what I am going to do is cut and lengthen the original brackets to push the flap back a few inches- I'll know for sure here in a little while...

jwaller

Thank you for the offer, Brian- but I have them already. I think what I am going to do is cut and lengthen the original brackets to push the flap back a few inches- I'll know for sure here in a little while...

I have the 1600's on my 818 and I had to extend the mudflap brackets 6" to work properly. I just made new ones as cutting them and making them longer looked like poo.

maynard83

Hundy - Your Monster Truck just looks awesome!
After you mount the 16.00 spare, how would you plan on getting it down if you ever had to use it?

Rgdl

Hundy, I wish I had your time and facilities to work on my M818. I have my Unimog 404 drop-side bed (~10ft long x ~7ft wide) ready to go on the back frame, just can't find time to get it done.

How much do you anticipate the rear tires will articulate upward when on uneven surfaces as compared to a static position on level ground? This was my concern when it comes time to mount my bed. I want to make sure my bed is high enough so the tires don't make contact.

Preacherboy

Outside Family, are you the devil? Tempting me. I have a line on 4 16r20 brand new XZL's on wheels, I'd only have to find 2 more. If I bought one today I might have it in time for the military vehicle show.

You are tempting me! Look at me rationalizing and trying to justify a wild purchase!

100dollarman

I have the 1600's on my 818 and I had to extend the mudflap brackets 6" to work properly. I just made new ones as cutting them and making them longer looked like poo.
I did chop and ext them-- I'll post pics later-- but I think they will be ok.

After you mount the 16.00 spare, how would you plan on getting it down if you ever had to use it?
Thx- I am thinking a sml crane

I wish I would have never saw this thread, now I have to get a m818!
lol

They're waiting for you, just down the road in Lansing...
Hundy, I wish I had your time and facilities to work on my M818. I have my Unimog 404 drop-side bed (~10ft long x ~7ft wide) ready to go on the back frame, just can't find time to get it done.

How much do you anticipate the rear tires will articulate upward when on uneven surfaces as compared to a static position on level ground? This was my concern when it comes time to mount my bed. I want to make sure my bed is high enough so the tires don't make contact.
Its close--- I will raise the bed if it becomes a problem

Outside Family, are you the devil? Tempting me. I have a line on 4 16r20 brand new XZL's on wheels, I'd only have to find 2 more. If I bought one today I might have it in time for the military vehicle show.

you should get them!

You are tempting me! Look at me rationalizing and trying to justify a wild purchase!
lol

100dollarman

I wish I would have never saw this thread, now I have to get a m818!
They're waiting for you, just down the road in Lansing...

The truck is painted green-- we are mounting the flaps and cleaning up rt now--- pics later---

Preacherboy

ok, someone buy my wife's 2004 Tahoe so I can have some money to build a truck like this! It will look awesome next to my deuce with 46" tires. Then no one can say, "Wow, that deuce in a half is huge!"

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet truck man! You'll have the SECOND biggest one there! LOL - J/K man, I gotta look out for Phil............

Preacherboy

I have 16r20 tires lined up, hemtt wheels, and a deuce bed all lined up! Now I just have to start horse trading and handing out the cash and then wiat for all the paper work to clear on the truck and I'll have one exactly like this.

It will be sweet and I'll take lots of pictures.

OutsideFamily

Because the 818's are just down the road, I've had just this thought of making a cargo truck out of one. Of course, I don't have the skill and experience that Hundy does, so I'll bide my time 'till I can buy a deuce.

Hundy - I read all your builds... awesome trucks you turn out.

100dollarman

Because the 818's are just down the road, I've had just this thought of making a cargo truck out of one. Of course, I don't have the skill and experience that Hundy does, so I'll bide my time 'till I can buy a deuce.

Hundy - I read all your builds... awesome trucks you turn out.

Thx- I appreciate it. Comments like these help keep me rollin' !

Trust me, if I can do it, just about anyone can. Get the 818!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks