• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pics of Trip to Jack's Gov Surplus

skidder

DID I HEAR ROAD TRIP!!!! DADDY can i have one of thoes trucks please i will be a good boy LOL Hay thanks DD for the pic. GGGGGG i got family out there i think i will give them a call? skidder

ODw/envy

How does one gain access to the yard? I've been by there a couple of times and can't figure out how/where to enter. I'm looking at buying a 76 m35a2 locally but I want to swap the standard bed for a cargo. There are literally m35 cargo beds lying around in piles up and down the road. I was hoping to find the owner and striking a deal. This will be my first M35A2 (or MV for that matter). Luckily I’m am well versed in the mechanical arts. Just cross the fingers and jump in both feet I suppose. :jumpin:

P.S. Holly old thread batman!!!:deadhorse: But love the pics.:mrgreen:

Stan Leschert

You guys have no idea how lucky you are. Yards like that really don't happen up here. There are a few, much smaller that that in Ontario and Quebec, but..... when I can grab my pension, I just may be going south!

TucsonVTXF

Just stop in at the yard with the jeep MB on the roof of the trailer.. jack or his son will show you what he has at that yard or take you over to the other yards to look for what you need

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How does one gain access to the yard? I've been by there a couple of times and can't figure out how/where to enter. I'm looking at buying a 76 m35a2 locally but I want to swap the standard bed for a cargo. There are literally m35 cargo beds lying around in piles up and down the road. I was hoping to find the owner and striking a deal. This will be my first M35A2 (or MV for that matter). Luckily I’m am well versed in the mechanical arts. Just cross the fingers and jump in both feet I suppose. :jumpin:

P.S. Holly old thread batman!!!:deadhorse: But love the pics.:mrgreen:
I don't mean to sound stupid but what is the difference between a standard bed and a cargo bed?

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jack's in Tucson

I'm 6.7 miles from Jack's...it's often amazing what one does not know about one's own town. Will try to get over there today to look around. Thanks to Kevin for the posts and the insight.

bs

Attachments

ODw/envy

It's way my understandind that the C in M35A2C stands for cargo. I may well be wrong but, I want one of the many "C" sytle drop side beds that are lying around!! Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's way my understandind that the C in M35A2C stands for cargo. I may well be wrong but, I want one of the many "C" sytle bed that are lying around!! Thanks for the advice.
Keep in mind that Jack knows what he has and what it's worth.2cents

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jack's in Tucson

Went by Jack's main yarda couple of weeks ago...took the oldest grandson...7. Spent a couple of hours or so talking with Jack and wandering around. Quite the fellow, Jack...gracious, accomodating, and clearly committed to what he has and does. The grandson was like a pig in you-know-what...had to get into the Choctaw and peer into the largest trucks he could find. He had watched MASH! the day before and got pretty exccited by the ambulances. Saw a remarkably printine wrecher that he fixated on. Will almost certainly be back when my deuce arrives, although Jack seemed less-than-keen re parts. Sounded like he has a lot of tires, though, that he seemed to be willing to part with...not certain.

He was just moving a newly-arrived M35a2 into the yard when we arrived; said it was going to a rancher for a work truck, and mentioned that he sells a deuce for about 7.5K, for any who might be curious. I gather that they are ready to work when they leave his place. For reference, a young diesel mechanic I know just sold his extra '98 f350 dually, w/~190K miles on it, for 6.5K. It probably handles easier than the deuce, but.......

bs

dennisS

I purchased my M-1010 from Jack a couple months ago. Jack is a great guy and his son Josh is as very good mechanic and a great guy also. Two really good guys to do business with. His yards are like going to the Smithsonian, you need to spend a lot of time!

Dennis

Gunfreak25

Jack is a great guy to talk with, in fact the M211 I just bought was once owned by him. He bought it from Luke Air Force base in the mid 80's and it simply went from owner to owner before getting to me. I hope to be her last and final owner. :D Jack's prices are high as he doesn't like getting rid of many things. Back when scrap was at an all time high he still refused to scrap anything. Had he just scraped a minute percent of his yard he would have had a bank full of dough. But, he's all about preservation and collecting, not so much in it for the money.
He's only 250 miles from me, hope to visit him sometime. If I lived just a bit closer he said he'd even hire me on for some work around the yard. Talk about a sweet job!

Wolfen

WW II Trucks

I am a new Member and was wondering if anyone is going here soon? I am looking for a 1941-1945 GMC CCKW 6 X 6. The Truck must have the Origional Drive Train, a Closed cab and a OEM Winch. I would prefer a CCKW 353, but would consider a 352. I wopuld prefer the Cargo version with the Racks, Bows and Canvas. I would coinsider a all Steel Maintaince body also. I would want the Truck to be Diveable. I understand from reading the Post, that Jack's Trucks are Driveable, I just want to make sure.
:grd:

Wolfen

Is anyone going here any time soon? I heard that he has some CCKW's for sale. I wanted to know, what kind of condition they're in and how much Jack wants for them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks