• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

zout

Tin - for a Colorado fella - that is exactly what I was thinking - just how pretty it would look in Air Force Blue - whacko

I hope I do not screw up on doing anything that will make Adam come down and take it out of my hands - fella is just doing the best he can with what he has.

Blasted tonight after a really chitty day - got home late as well - no bridges tall enough to jump from around here.
Got John from Midwest sending me the correct bed to frame bolt kit and this weekend will start getting that box off.
After blasting got some bare metal 2k epoxy on the surfaces of what was blasted - just gotta do it the best I am given under all the circumstances. Once in the garage I can pick at the cab area - rear framework and then there is still 2k high buildDSCN0321.jpgDSCN0322.jpgDSCN0324.jpgDSCN0324.jpgDSCN0326.jpgDSCN0327.jpgDSCN0328.jpgDSCN0329.jpgDSCN0330.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dont be making that look too good, Adam is just going to get it muddy anyway!!!!

zout

This 37 is prestine condition as I see it. It should have the drivers door spare tire holder to it as its hardware in tact count for that @ brackets for the drivers door mount and the interior drivers door inside door release mechaism. The inside of the box has a cobbled spare tire holder which should be on the drives door - correct me if I am wrong. The support brackets are in tack and the bolts - MIA is the drivers door swing mechanism arms for the final mount ??

No mud holding this baby together - is is one solid 37 no holds barred. Another reason to making it the best this knucklehead can turn it into.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Dave. It looks amazing already!!!

And he is right, it is the straightest, most rust free m37 I have ever seen in person (non restored)

The spare tire moun in the rear is the correct early m37 spare tire mount. The one on the door is normally only on cargo trucks of the later B1 series. At first I thought I got a truck with a replacement cab from a B1. However I have seen 3 other mid 1954 m37s exactly like mine- B1 style hardware on the door, but with the mount in the bed. I should try amd shoot David Doyle an email and ask him about it. It is a bit of a mystery.

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I was surprised how nice that truck was too when you delivered it to the Commander. I've seen it before a couple times but never looked at it closely.

I'm sure when zout is done she will "represent" with the best of them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So which spare mount are you going to use, door or bed? I have a door mount somewhere......

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And it should have been MY M37 you lucky weasel. You haven't said one word about how I found it, how I took you to it, how I recovered it for you. The only thing I didn't do is pay for it...............:burn:

zout

I got blinded by how many I's there were I had to read !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! need phyicatric help now

Murphy has has been teasing me all week long - and lF I remember God said he would not test anyone beyone what they could not stand - I think he has me confused with someone else cause I have had more than what I can withstand.

Would have gotten farther on the blasting but the hose feed is worn out and keep getting blown out from wear - I guess a 5' blasting hose it short enough to finally ready to go out and replace it !!!!!!!!!! chit ola Seeing how Sat am is not far away I did not metal prime anything - as there is more to do and I can always go back up and touch up stuff - at end of day it will get into 2k bare metal prime anyhow
and once in the garage it gets into high build 2k anyhow.

Someone tell Murphay to get off my arse please = like ole Popeye - took all I can stanz and I cannot stanz no moreDSCN0331.jpgDSCN0332.jpgDSCN0333.jpgDSCN0334.jpgDSCN0335.jpgDSCN0336.jpgDSCN0337.jpgDSCN0338.jpg Yes a word from my sponsor - besides that the mount in the box looks cobbles and chump - all the hardware for a drivers door mount exists besides the swing arm and Jim just made a heck of an offer - and I will do whatever the owner wants done - but the box spare time mount looks cheap arse !!!! but what do I know ?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave that looks like the correct bed mount for an early one. I think the base is supposed to be farther forward though (just doesn't look right). I think the only thing I am missing for the door mount is the spinner and bar which you have. If Ferro wants one it's his for shipping costs.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really apriciate the offer of the door mount spare tire rig. I have a B1 that will be restored at some point that is missing the door holder.

Seeing as this truck is an early one and I never liked having to move the spare to get out of the few trucka that had one I would like to keep the one in the bed on this truck.

Thanks Dave for doing all this for me. I kbow you love to do it but still, thank you.

Geeze John, tell me how you really feel! You know I will always be greatful for the lead and all the help with it. But I know you secretly love your m37. Fate has a funny way of working sometimes.

I am itching to see the remainder of her transformation!!!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya ya ya, If I woulda had the money, I would own both. A man can never own too many M37's

zout

Besides standing in the butt arse sun blasting - finally got it moved into the garage closer to the fans for this ole man. Got the bed busted free - work on getting the box off tomorrow first thing. Next weekend headed to Stone Mountain with the squirrels camps so whatever gets done between now and then will just happen. Getting out of the hot sun also allows time just spending on stuff that needs done without baking. Here are some pics fella's.DSCN0339.jpgDSCN0340.jpgDSCN0341.jpgDSCN0342.jpgDSCN0343.jpgDSCN0344.jpgDSCN0345.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks