• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Project Ferro Navy M37

zout

Don't know why but the coffee tastes a little better and had a couple more than usual - go figure its still the same stuff.

Going to just get that box off this morning and get it set up outside on the saw horses - then get the Joker down and hooked up and pre-tripped out to head camping Fri & Sat night. Then I have some lawn tractor riding to get done -if there's any time left I will go play a little on the 37. It should not take very long to Da sand off the rest of the surfaces I have and get into primer - then get onto blasting the box outside. I scooped up all the first blast material I could and will re-shoot that again and possibly save it for a 3rd blasting (more you use it the more it takes as it looses its sharp surface area's - it all has to be sifted as well).

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Doc wants me to send pics of the WC-22 and the K18-C zout has done to the Military Vehicle Magazine and I'm all for it! I just want to get the engine back in the "K" first.:beer: (Getting ready for a "priority mission" so we won't be able to work on it for a couple of weeks.

I can say this, I'm proud to have zout as a friend and a most capable military vehicle "enabler"!:not worthy:

zout

Just keep my name out of the magazine - your the owner and this knucklehead just did the best he could with what he had - I;d like to see YOUR vehicles in the Magazine for an owner that saved them - that is where it all started.
Very to no people in this world I am proud to be friends with (if ya wanna know WHO your real friends are get really really really sick - I mean piss and crap on yourself to where someone might have to take care of you - THEN see who comes around who would have called you a friend).

I am extremely proud to know PB and the camo crew and what interventions over the years that brought us together cannot even be put into words - Thanks PB for the humbling words - I just always hope I am worthy of them.

Got the box off this morning as I wanted to - got ALL the grass cut in the acre and 1/10th and my neighbors yard for putting up with me. Moved the Joker down and got it plugged in and gen fired up and tested. Went though half of my pre trip inspection and kept looking at that stinking 37 box - turned the Classic Rock up and went to town washing it - HEY - why not just wash the back of the 37 chassis as well cause I'm am right here and chit is out to do it. Couple beers later it was done.

THANKS TO SWISS - I legally get to take Jokers Wild camping this weekend - he did an awesome job for us all in Georgia and my thanks to him - hope I make him proud as well being able to finally display it and show it off.

Here some pics of my half arse work today:DSCN0352.jpgDSCN0353.jpgDSCN0353.jpgDSCN0354.jpgDSCN0355.jpgDSCN0356.jpgDSCN0357.jpgDSCN0358.jpg

zout

Got the back of the cab cut down - middle of the back it had hardly no primer or paint on it - same as the front of the box - glad we took this off.

Just wanted to get the front of the box cut down and into primer - the rest will be blasted to smitherines. Rear of the cab turned out nicely if I may induldge myself.
Heap o stuff is what I have for this project in front of me - seems I always have a heap o pile of stuff to work through - but we'' get there even though I know hardly anything about this version so PLEASE feel free to educate me as we go along here.
SS has some M37 die hard folks here so this is a tough one to work through as it will be scruitinized and picked at as it goes - but I will try to indure all the advise and suggestions - not saying I will listen to them but I will take all into consideration.

DSCN0365.jpgDSCN0366.jpgDSCN0367.jpgDSCN0368.jpgDSCN0369.jpgDSCN0370.jpgDSCN0371.jpg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the frame/suspension/undercarriage going to get any love as well? I see a beautiful body resto coming along but the chassis is looking a little unloved.... :(

zout

Only thing I did quickly to the rear chassis is just wash it off - see what surprises I am in store for on it - normal crapola from what I see to be a days worth of blasting on it to clean it up.

You fellas are pretty much right on tune - its has to be cleaned up as well [thumbzup] good thinkin.

Without telling the owner so far I did head to Northern Equip and got me another 10 bags of blasting material and out of the blasting on the cab I was able to save around 5 bags.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the gas tank off Z. I want to see Ferro go through putting it back on......... :)

zout

That would be funny if I only had to return the stuff all done - and he had to assemble it all but that is not the case - what I take off I have to install. Beside that pile of stuff is what I have to go through and blast and paint up and assemble as well.

Guess its easier when your the fellas removing stuff to have to put it back on instead of picking at your head wondering where it all fits in. Like putting a puzzle together with no picture on it - just figure out how to connect the pieces.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had seen him trying to put the tank on at Haspin two months ago you would know why I said it. :)

zout

Someone send me a couple cases of my sponsors BEER and I could be persuaded to have forgotten to put it back on (oops) meaning with the box mounted up and all as well. (video of me laughing to follow).

Yeah Swiss I cringed with I had to creep up to the garage to plug in the 909 on that fresh - luscious new grass - but I did do it carefully and it was not wet. Has one more day to stay there before getting it up to the house to load it out - I may even bring it to work Friday and scare the wageebies out of everyone.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Zout, I will get you any number of cases of beer to drop the fuel tank, and return the M37 with the tank in the bed. I had so much fun watching/helping Ferro put that tank up, it would be worth the beer to hear Ferro discuss the tank in NAVY language............

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks