• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MAN KAT US owners?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct

Square orange shield: danger.
30: flammable liquid.
1202 fuel oil or diesel oil: you have time to run away before it explodes.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me, the logo looks like an angry fox, with an X to the right and something illegible to the left.

Quick search on fox and nbcrs show that "the Fox NBCRS carrier was originally developed for the German Army" .

Next search:

M93/M93A1 Fox Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Reconnaissance System (NBCRS).

The M93 is an armored reconnaissance carrier; not a MAN cargo truck, but probably they were in the same unit.

Guyfang

Staff member
View attachment 770857View attachment 770858 I think your right. The plates on the front look identical but the rear one on my truck is missing. I wonder if transporting Haz-Mat has anything to do with the Orange Logo on the doors. Under the bottom of the logo it has what looks like the letters NBCRS. Does that ring a bell?
Of course transporting Haz-Mat is the reason for the plate. There is a book I have at my recycling yard, that is 3 inches thick. Its all about Haz-Mat here, and what numbers should be displayed on the plate, to let rescue and the Fire Department know what is in the vehicle. There seems to only be about 2 million different numbers to be displayed. Could be for fuel, or any and all chemicals, gases, liquids and the list goes on for ever.

Another Ahab

Of course transporting Haz-Mat is the reason for the plate. There is a book I have at my recycling yard, that is 3 inches thick. Its all about Haz-Mat here, and what numbers should be displayed on the plate, to let rescue and the Fire Department know what is in the vehicle. There seems to only be about 2 million different numbers to be displayed. Could be for fuel, or any and all chemicals, gases, liquids and the list goes on for ever.
Absolutely understandable.

If you are a First-Responder, you sure want to know.

Just ask Elvis:

AAA.png

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me, the logo looks like an angry fox, with an X to the right and something illegible to the left.

Quick search on fox and nbcrs show that "the Fox NBCRS carrier was originally developed for the German Army" .

Next search:

M93/M93A1 Fox Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Reconnaissance System (NBCRS).

The M93 is an armored reconnaissance carrier; not a MAN cargo truck, but probably they were in the same unit.
Robo, I think the illegible letter to the left is an F with the Fox poking his head through the O, and with the right letter being an X. (FOX)
I really appreciate all the details large and small that the 3 of you have been able to add to this project. + Ahab's popcorn. When it's finished, there will not be just a Military Truck to admire, but a story to be told as well. Every time I think I know what there is to know about this truck something new and interesting pops up. This deserves a toast with some of Guyfangs Schnapps!!

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2409.jpg Guy, coming back at ya. Not to many people south of the US/Canadian border know much about Yukon Jack Perma Frost Schnapps. It's pretty good stuff. It's big in Canada during Hockey Season.

UN Nomad

Hi guys, I know I'm late in joining this thread but seen as how it's not closed I will try. I am working for a transport and logistics company in the Central African Republic. We are using MAN Kat 1 (4x4, 6x6 and 8x8 trucks. We operate 84 units alongside some new Kamaz 8x8s. I'm looking to see if anyone can send me a link for any or all of the following in English language: driver manual, parts manual and workshop/service manual. These are all KAT 1. The vehicle data plates show that they were manufactured in 1977 and 1978.
Cheers

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys, I know I'm late in joining this thread but seen as how it's not closed I will try. I am working for a transport and logistics company in the Central African Republic. We are using MAN Kat 1 (4x4, 6x6 and 8x8 trucks. We operate 84 units alongside some new Kamaz 8x8s. I'm looking to see if anyone can send me a link for any or all of the following in English language: driver manual, parts manual and workshop/service manual. These are all KAT 1. The vehicle data plates show that they were manufactured in 1977 and 1978.
Cheers
https://www.kat-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=3790 UN Nomad, this is a forum for KAT 1 Military trucks. I hope they can help you. Looks like a good group.

Last edited:

Reed423

Can’t seem to find the information I need on my M1014 on the -20 TM. I need to add hydraulic fluid to the cab/wheel reservoir, since the lower part of the cab lift cylinder leaked it all out. Can some one tell me correct fill location. Is what I marked in the photo correct. Both my master cylinders are broken like eggs As well. Got a lot of work ahead of me on repairs for this rig, just want to start off right. Need to get that cab lifted so I can take a look at the engine.

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can’t seem to find the information I need on my M1014 on the -20 TM. I need to add hydraulic fluid to the cab/wheel reservoir, since the lower part of the cab lift cylinder leaked it all out. Can some one tell me correct fill location. Is what I marked in the photo correct. Both my master cylinders are broken like eggs As well. Got a lot of work ahead of me on repairs for this rig, just want to start off right. Need to get that cab lifted so I can take a look at the engine.
Reed423, Migginsbros is who you want to contact on MAN trucks. Chris has a beautiful example.
529221-133ef2e1e8efebe8851a0347fb85b6d2.jpg

Migginsbros

Yes, lowered cab, valve 3 in direktion down. Fill to the lower edge of the filler hole 2. Means nearly full.

20230120_075120.jpg
20230120_075127.jpg

These pics are from the owners manual of a MAN F2000 but the function is the same.

Last edited: