• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MAN KAT US owners?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Correct

Square orange shield: danger.
30: flammable liquid.
1202 fuel oil or diesel oil: you have time to run away before it explodes.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me, the logo looks like an angry fox, with an X to the right and something illegible to the left.

Quick search on fox and nbcrs show that "the Fox NBCRS carrier was originally developed for the German Army" .

Next search:

M93/M93A1 Fox Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Reconnaissance System (NBCRS).

The M93 is an armored reconnaissance carrier; not a MAN cargo truck, but probably they were in the same unit.

Guyfang

Staff member
View attachment 770857View attachment 770858 I think your right. The plates on the front look identical but the rear one on my truck is missing. I wonder if transporting Haz-Mat has anything to do with the Orange Logo on the doors. Under the bottom of the logo it has what looks like the letters NBCRS. Does that ring a bell?
Of course transporting Haz-Mat is the reason for the plate. There is a book I have at my recycling yard, that is 3 inches thick. Its all about Haz-Mat here, and what numbers should be displayed on the plate, to let rescue and the Fire Department know what is in the vehicle. There seems to only be about 2 million different numbers to be displayed. Could be for fuel, or any and all chemicals, gases, liquids and the list goes on for ever.

Another Ahab

Of course transporting Haz-Mat is the reason for the plate. There is a book I have at my recycling yard, that is 3 inches thick. Its all about Haz-Mat here, and what numbers should be displayed on the plate, to let rescue and the Fire Department know what is in the vehicle. There seems to only be about 2 million different numbers to be displayed. Could be for fuel, or any and all chemicals, gases, liquids and the list goes on for ever.
Absolutely understandable.

If you are a First-Responder, you sure want to know.

Just ask Elvis:

AAA.png

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To me, the logo looks like an angry fox, with an X to the right and something illegible to the left.

Quick search on fox and nbcrs show that "the Fox NBCRS carrier was originally developed for the German Army" .

Next search:

M93/M93A1 Fox Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Reconnaissance System (NBCRS).

The M93 is an armored reconnaissance carrier; not a MAN cargo truck, but probably they were in the same unit.
Robo, I think the illegible letter to the left is an F with the Fox poking his head through the O, and with the right letter being an X. (FOX)
I really appreciate all the details large and small that the 3 of you have been able to add to this project. + Ahab's popcorn. When it's finished, there will not be just a Military Truck to admire, but a story to be told as well. Every time I think I know what there is to know about this truck something new and interesting pops up. This deserves a toast with some of Guyfangs Schnapps!!

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2409.jpg Guy, coming back at ya. Not to many people south of the US/Canadian border know much about Yukon Jack Perma Frost Schnapps. It's pretty good stuff. It's big in Canada during Hockey Season.

UN Nomad

Hi guys, I know I'm late in joining this thread but seen as how it's not closed I will try. I am working for a transport and logistics company in the Central African Republic. We are using MAN Kat 1 (4x4, 6x6 and 8x8 trucks. We operate 84 units alongside some new Kamaz 8x8s. I'm looking to see if anyone can send me a link for any or all of the following in English language: driver manual, parts manual and workshop/service manual. These are all KAT 1. The vehicle data plates show that they were manufactured in 1977 and 1978.
Cheers

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi guys, I know I'm late in joining this thread but seen as how it's not closed I will try. I am working for a transport and logistics company in the Central African Republic. We are using MAN Kat 1 (4x4, 6x6 and 8x8 trucks. We operate 84 units alongside some new Kamaz 8x8s. I'm looking to see if anyone can send me a link for any or all of the following in English language: driver manual, parts manual and workshop/service manual. These are all KAT 1. The vehicle data plates show that they were manufactured in 1977 and 1978.
Cheers
https://www.kat-forum.de/viewtopic.php?t=3790 UN Nomad, this is a forum for KAT 1 Military trucks. I hope they can help you. Looks like a good group.

Last edited:

Reed423

Can’t seem to find the information I need on my M1014 on the -20 TM. I need to add hydraulic fluid to the cab/wheel reservoir, since the lower part of the cab lift cylinder leaked it all out. Can some one tell me correct fill location. Is what I marked in the photo correct. Both my master cylinders are broken like eggs As well. Got a lot of work ahead of me on repairs for this rig, just want to start off right. Need to get that cab lifted so I can take a look at the engine.

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can’t seem to find the information I need on my M1014 on the -20 TM. I need to add hydraulic fluid to the cab/wheel reservoir, since the lower part of the cab lift cylinder leaked it all out. Can some one tell me correct fill location. Is what I marked in the photo correct. Both my master cylinders are broken like eggs As well. Got a lot of work ahead of me on repairs for this rig, just want to start off right. Need to get that cab lifted so I can take a look at the engine.
Reed423, Migginsbros is who you want to contact on MAN trucks. Chris has a beautiful example.
529221-133ef2e1e8efebe8851a0347fb85b6d2.jpg

Migginsbros

Yes, lowered cab, valve 3 in direktion down. Fill to the lower edge of the filler hole 2. Means nearly full.

20230120_075120.jpg
20230120_075127.jpg

These pics are from the owners manual of a MAN F2000 but the function is the same.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks