• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tank salvage yard in Iraq.

EZFEED

Lonesome715 said:
Okay, I see what you are saying and I also see a problem. No, I am no longer in the military. I am over here as a civilian. What you say may be true, but in the field that I work in I can tell you there is a lot of paranoia and I guarantee that once I start asking questions I will hit brick walls. “No” is an easier answer to give than “let me look into that for you”. If you could provide some documentation or other information I can take with me, I am sure I will have more luck then.
WOW actually not! You've just unlocked a world of possibilities now! 8)
In all actuality you dont need anyones permission now, you are free to send what you wish as long as you have the valid paperwork. Once you have the approved F-6, basically the Federal Government i.e. the BOSS has said you are cool and you can send what you requested home and as many as you want too as long as it does not exceed the quantity you specified per item you specified on the F-6 [thumbzup]
Granted you may take a little flak due to the unpolitical corectness of your shipment but legaly there is nothing that can be said once you've cleared it with ATF.

EZFEED

Crud....its 7:11am over here bud. I gotta go home now! I will be back 6 PM tonight my time though.....start making your shopping list LOL!

Lonesome715

I have a contact at JMMT and the APO here. I will run the paper work by them and see what we can do. I sure would like to know how youre friend pulled this off when our general order number one prohibits war trophies. If you would not mind, ask him what all he did and who all he went thorugh to get it done. I can then get in touch with the people here who hold the same titles.

kcimb

Sweet mercy. 250$ DshKs? They'd go perfectly on a Lizard or BMP1 Ezfeed !

Lonesome, If I were you I'd be packign up and sending some stuff home. Could make some decent money. When I go over there I'm going as military though, so I dont' think I'll have the leeway you do with sending stuff home.

EZFEED

Excellent dude! We used DHL last time too, thats who I was thinking of and couldn't remember.

OK just got back a quick email from my buddy. He says we need to have the paperwork done on the things you want prior to you talking to any CO about shipping it home. This was the part that I was not involved in so now he's giving me the skinny on it, I did do his paperwork and recieve it all though so I know it worked.

He says that you need to get the stuff that you want together and keep it in a secure location so that noone messes with it and then get me the information of the weapons, type, caliber, etc so I can get your F-6 started. I dont know if you can store something like that, you may not have to given your circumstances but when Ryan and I did this he was having a hard time with keeping the stuff he wanted from going missing by the other guys in his unit. You may not have such trouble?

Being that you are a civy you should be free and clear but whomever you are working under needs to be informed of what you are doing AFTER we get your approved permit. Once you have the OK from the government and paperwork that will show that you have checked out and are approved to ship such items your CO or whoever should not have a problem with it. Ryan took some bs flak with this because he was active and it took a few weeks for his CO to give him the OK but afterwards everything was OK. The way I worded his permit also helped and it never made them think he was taking a fully functional piece. It's really no big deal, you just have to prove yourself valid under those circumstances. Most everyone just thinks they cant and then never tries.

You'll have to be a smooth talker and just keep your cool with this because 99% of the folks out there wil not know heads from tails as to what is really acceptable or not. We both had a system with this and it worked and still works flawlesley. Now since you dont live in my state you will have to find someone to accept the shipment for you there. Your wife should be able to do this, all she has to do is show up at the port/shipping location and present a copy of your F-6 and have 2 F-6A's ready to hand to Customs. One she will give to them, the other she will check off complete, sign, and mail to BATF. Do not decalre the values of the packages as over $20 and do not list them as more than parts and pieces i.e. do not list as "parts for 14.5KMTmachinegun" because after you have demilled them there they are not and are no longer legaly considered anything more that scrap iron. Listing it as a weapon will cause your package to automatically default to having to undergo a detailed inspection and that might hold you up for a week (happened to me recently but I couldn't help it cause its pretty obvious what the nature of my truck was).

Thats that......

Now I checked and JFYI you can ship lots of other military items back unrestricted like uniforms, helmets, training posters, optics, those neat little 1st generation night vision setups that there are piles of over there and I must have a hundred of :lol: , tools, boots, manuals, etc

Lonesome715

Okay, it would seem that my first step is to go identify which weapon system is feasable. There are a lot of ani aircraft guns out there so I will start with them.

EZFEED

Sounds like a plan. Find several because you will want a backup in the event that something happens. You can list several on one F-6 but that doesn't mean you have to get all.
Pick something light. Something not too bulky that you think you could ship broken down to components through DHL or Fed-Ex. I doubt you will want to palletize or ship frieght due to the extreme cost. We fit the 2cm Flak in 6 boxes.
You may be able to fit something a little on the larger side by discarding the internals and keeping just the reciever and barrel assembly. This would be fine especially now because of the barrel demil required. It is very unlikely that you would be able to rebuild it to functional status. I have heard of cannons up to a 3" gun being shipped via carrier. The barrel was cut into foot long sections for ease of shipment and then rewelded when it got here in the states. Nothing I did but someone else I heard did it and it looked good.

EZFEED

Send me some pics of what you find and I can identify them and procure demils for them. I will PM you my email that you can reach me.

Right now I'm fixin to head out bud so have a great day and stay safe out there in the sandbox! :)

EZFEED

If you can afford the shipping, break it down and see how many smaller components you can knock it down into, you could start doing that now. The wheels, trails, and barrel will be your biggest obstacle as far as size goes. I want to say the single underslung buffer on the single ZPU mount is kinda thick and heavy but I could be wrong.
The 14.5mm KMT that is mounted to it is relatively easy to tear down. Yank the backplate off and the guts will spill right out. The perforated jacket unscrews as well as the collar around the booster. You will have to cut the stripped reciever and barrel on this weapon, thats it. Do not cut anything until I get you the demil for it though, it will be a 5 cut and you will have to torch it exactly like the illustration specifies.

On the left of the reciever there will be an arsenal code or manufacturer address or name, I need this and some detailed pics of the complete weapon to get started. Send those to my work email I sent you. I can accept large pictures there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks