• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '09 SS Ga. Rally Info thread

Blythewoodjoe

Well it looks like we may be trailering the M886 and sleeping in a tent for one night. My wife is not a fan of riding in a MV for a couple of hours so we will likely drive the F350 crew cab. She hates the smell of canvas so it might not be a GP small either. I will work on that. Cabin is out because of the two day requirement. I do have a question if any of you guys know. If I trailer a truck that is not tagged for road use, can it be driven from the base camp to the trails or is that illegal? Also will there be electricity at the base camp this year? I can bring some electrical adapters for the little power poles if I need to.

3 months to go!

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The costs at that place could add up really fast. The wife and I will be there, but I doubt we will hit the trails much, maybe just one day.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well it looks like we may be trailering the M886 and sleeping in a tent for one night. My wife is not a fan of riding in a MV for a couple of hours so we will likely drive the F350 crew cab. She hates the smell of canvas so it might not be a GP small either. I will work on that. Cabin is out because of the two day requirement. I do have a question if any of you guys know. If I trailer a truck that is not tagged for road use, can it be driven from the base camp to the trails or is that illegal? Also will there be electricity at the base camp this year? I can bring some electrical adapters for the little power poles if I need to.

3 months to go!
Joe,

If the significant other doesn't mind camping but just doesn't like the smell of canvas, you are allowed to pitch a (civilian) tent in our area of operations and simply pay the $5 primitive camping fee (I think it's $5).

The lack of a tag should not be any issue. There are tons of guys who bring purpose built off-road vehicles to D'town on trailers to do their thing and these are vehicles which never see roadways (and are therefore not tagged). You should have no problem whatsoever.

There will be electricity-I still need to call Mike at D'town and ask him about the amperage that SCSG-4 asked me to find about a month ago (what can I say, I've been really busy).

Last edited:

86M10086.2L

If I can get the Wednesday off prior and the Monday after, I'll be there with my M1008 and my 416 trailer. Otherwise I'd be drving in saying hello and then driving home. Haspin was worth the 700+ mile trip. And if Georgia is even half of what people were telling me at the rally it will be worth the 800+mile trip.

Capt.Marion

How CONVENIENT

Our band director moved heaven and Earth so we could actually go to a competition that is, guess what day...

auaOCTOBER 24TH...

In the immortal words of Robert Burns... "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men..."

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK everybody, we are at the 60 day mark-60 days until the rally.

Make sure to start prepping your trucks, saving up $ for fuel, make your lists of what to bring and if you have any firewood, BRING IT!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't think we can bring too much firewood. At last year's event, we ran out after one night and this year's event is longer (we added an additional day).

Honestly, if we end up with too much firewood, we will just make a bigger campfire or we will have 2 campfires! We'll let Jerry worry about that, he's our official fire guy. :D

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I would say one 105 load of fire wood per night would work. I will be bringing one, but I probably won't get there until Friday.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Firewood is heat, firewood is light, firewood is a homing beacon. Jerry is in charge!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have begun to add links for the various threads to the original post for ease of finding them.

I searched this morning and the only one I could find was the one concerning what people are looking for or what people are bringing to sell. I have linked it in the original post and here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/ga-rally/38354-2009-ga-rally-trader-line.html

If there ends up being other threads (convoy ops, etc.) I will link them here as well.

Thanks

C

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
We are clearing land now so if I have room I can bring a butt load of pine logs....they burn fast and hot but the price is right.
Come to think of it, I have an extra 105 trailer...if I bring it full of wood does anybody want parts off it......if I left with cash/trade goods and no trailer it would be fine with me. I just need the axle off it for a future project.

airmech3839

are pets allowed?? just curious...would love to work on training my bird dog a little since i don't get to most weeks...figure fields will be big enough and she is a good companion...just a little hyper being a puppy still in trainning!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
are pets allowed?? just curious...would love to work on training my bird dog a little since i don't get to most weeks...figure fields will be big enough and she is a good companion...just a little hyper being a puppy still in trainning!
Pets are allowed, several people brought their dogs last year. All we ask is that pet owners exercise common sense........ clean up after your dog, no overly aggressive or violent dogs and if your dog barks constantly, a bark collar would be nice. ;-) We will all be around the camp all day and we'll all be there at the campfire at night and no one wants to try to yell or hear others (or try to sleep!) over a perpetual bark machine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks