• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '09 SS Ga. Rally Info thread

Green_gator

Clinto,
I am looking forward to the rally. Where is the best spot to reserve for camping in the deuce? They have camping with electric and the primitive camping. Just want to see what is closest to the main gathering.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DHW and I plan to attend. Might drive the M1008A1 there.

davidkroberts

will be there with my 6 yr old daughter, dont have a clue what ill be bringing. Whatever I have running reliably i guess. Probably the Unimog 404 or Pinzgauer. Will probably be bringing another collector with me from off-list. really looking forward to it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clinto,
I am looking forward to the rally. Where is the best spot to reserve for camping in the deuce? They have camping with electric and the primitive camping. Just want to see what is closest to the main gathering.
If you are going to camp in the deuce, then just do the el cheapo primitive camping thing. There will be electricity in our field, either via generators that other members will have or via "electrical trees" nearby. Just bring a few hundred feet of cord so if you end up far away from the trees you won't be out of luck.

Last edited:

durhamtown

Hello from Durhamtown

Hey Guys

we are looking forward to having your group visit again

it was a hoot last time on the slick red clay trail

it was also quite interesting to see all the unique machines from the past

also what a super group of guys and gals all very friendly

we have added more trails than last year and some of the old ones are more technical from lots of riding all have bypasses added to them

remember the shooting range will be open up to 150 yrds more if needed

we added some old vehicles to shoot at as well

we can have a long range competetion if you like.......

the catfish pond will be open

we will be serving a country breakfast each morning bar-b-que burgers dogs and chicke fries beans slaw etc everyday for lunch

we will have coutry style dinners thursday friday saturday- steak ribs and chicken buffet

we have a big lincoln desiel welder and torches if needed
we have a shop for all of our eqpt dozer bobcats etc..

we have added wi-fi to all of the campgrounds for your needs

I will have potties at your area but we do have bath houses on site

if any of you have any questions email me directly
mikemc@durhamtown.com

it will be deer season then as well maybe we can bar-b-que a deer or two

thanks mike

Sevo

we can have a long range competition if you like.......

thanks mike
Mike,

I think this would be great. Count me in if you do this.

To make it even more fun and to stick with the theme, you can only use rifles that are from military platforms??

really looking forward to this rally

airmech3839

Hey Guys

we are looking forward to having your group visit again

it was a hoot last time on the slick red clay trail

it was also quite interesting to see all the unique machines from the past

also what a super group of guys and gals all very friendly

we have added more trails than last year and some of the old ones are more technical from lots of riding all have bypasses added to them

remember the shooting range will be open up to 150 yrds more if needed

we added some old vehicles to shoot at as well

we can have a long range competetion if you like.......

the catfish pond will be open

we will be serving a country breakfast each morning bar-b-que burgers dogs and chicke fries beans slaw etc everyday for lunch

we will have coutry style dinners thursday friday saturday- steak ribs and chicken buffet

we have a big lincoln desiel welder and torches if needed
we have a shop for all of our eqpt dozer bobcats etc..

we have added wi-fi to all of the campgrounds for your needs

I will have potties at your area but we do have bath houses on site

if any of you have any questions email me directly
mikemc@durhamtown.com

it will be deer season then as well maybe we can bar-b-que a deer or two

thanks mike

How much is all the food? Per person? Sounds like a great time can't wait!:-D

Thanks Tracy L.

Big CASE

Mike,

I think this would be great. Count me in if you do this.

To make it even more fun and to stick with the theme, you can only use rifles that are from military platforms??

really looking forward to this rally

I am IN ..I have mine Savage model 110 and L1A1 . are we going to use Scopes or iron sites ??

Sevo

I am IN ..I have mine Savage model 110 and L1A1 . are we going to use Scopes or iron sites ??

Case,

yeah man bring em. I say scoped .... I may bring a iron sited AR as well. its hard to beat a FAL!! Always a crowd fav

Will be bringing a few of my mil platforms to this. Cant wait to throw some lead at those cars down range.

tanerite anyone???

Blythewoodjoe

Well I have a couple of options now. I have invited my wife to come along since you guys are a nice clean bunch of folks and if she drives her car I can drive the M813 or a bob deuce (which ever I haven't sold). If it's just me and Logan we will be in the M886 in the primitive area or if my wife is along we will be in a cabin and I can drive something less comfortable. We will deside soon. Looking forward to the event.

One more note, I just spent some time on the Durhamtown web site and notcied they have a photo section. Someone needs to have them add a "6 x 6" section and some photo's from last year. I bet there aren't many off road parks with a section like that.

Joe Trapp

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are some videos of our Friday trail ride. Cancel that, I can't find the vid anymore.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks