• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Select Vehicles on Hold GL WHAT?

nhdiesel

i dont understand how "laundering" a truck so that it can not be traced is legal by any means.
My state of N.H. doesn't require that I keep any record of the buyer of any vehicle I sell. I sign the back of the title, and its no longer mine. GL rules only require that if I sell a truck, I keep track of the buyer.

If I were to sell my truck, and keep track of the buyer, I'm 100% legal. If the next guy sells the truck in 3 months, he doesn't have to keep track of anything. If after a period of time I drive by someone's yard and there is my old Deuce sitting there with a For Sale sign on it, maybe I would decide to buy it back.

Legal? Yes. 100% ethical? No, but neither is holding my money for months, and not allowing me to pick up my own truck. Or coming to take back a vehicle someone already bought and put time and money into. In an example such as this, I would take legal over ethical any day.

It won't matter to me anyway, because they've dragged their feet so long, both trucks have to be sold anyway, because we are hurting for the money. I was counting on the resale of one of the trucks to help us out. But with everything thats happened, I just as soon they cancel the sale and give me all of my money back. I'll take the loss on the plane ticket and other expenses I'm out.

Jim

WTFandoffrd

I have a truck there and my dad has a truck there, I have been waiting for this truck like a little kid waiting for christmas, and just found out there might be no christmas. I am so freakin heated wright now I just want to kick someones behind, But no good that willl do. Very dissapointed.:twisted::twisted: All I ever wanted since I was a little boy was a m35 a2 deuce and half. OK rant over maybe it will work out Try to think positive

falcody

Banned
I had a chuckle over that one, because a while back when I complained about that here, some long standing members jumped on me for it. They were saying things like, "you should be glad they are willing to do the SF97s for $60", or "they are doing you a favor, its well worth $60", "you should cut them a check for the times they didn't charge you.." , yada yada... :roll:
That $60 is a fee that they get for relaying us a form (sf67) from Sammy. They don't pay a damn dime for it.... Last time I looked postage was under $.50. We be gettin' a screwin' boys.

lavarok

I had a chuckle over that one, because a while back when I complained about that here, some long standing members jumped on me for it. They were saying things like, "you should be glad they are willing to do the SF97s for $60", or "they are doing you a favor, its well worth $60", "you should cut them a check for the times they didn't charge you.." , yada yada... :roll:
I don't know if it is the same for guys not in FL, but you paid $60 for a title not an SF97. If you buy a truck now (from GL), you will pay $78 (to GL) or so for a title thanks to the increase in rates from the State of FL. If you buy a truck from GSA and take the free SF97 down and apply for the title, the tag office will charge you the title fee...$78 at current prices in FL.

Last edited:

DeuceNewbie

i hear ya nhdiesel!! sry to hear about the plane ticket and other arrangements you have made...good luck

this was my first gl purchase and supposed to be my first deuce.....i def will not do business with these folks again

falcody

Banned
I have a truck there and my dad has a truck there, I have been waiting for this truck like a little kid waiting for christmas, and just found out there might be no christmas. I am so freakin heated wright now I just want to kick someones behind, But no good that willl do. Very dissapointed.:twisted::twisted: All I ever wanted since I was a little boy was a m35 a2 deuce and half. OK rant over maybe it will work out Try to think positive
I feel for you WTFand... I won't be getting my Christmas either. I'm so damn mad that the only Nick that may visit me, maybe Old Nick and not St. Nick.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I were to sell my truck, and keep track of the buyer, I'm 100% legal. If the next guy sells the truck in 3 months, he doesn't have to keep track of anything. If after a period of time I drive by someone's yard and there is my old Deuce sitting there with a For Sale sign on it, maybe I would decide to buy it back.
It is my understanding that you are supposed to tell the buyer the terms of the EUC and he is supposed to abide by the terms of the EUC which would include him keeping track of who he sold it to and on down the line. I'm pretty sure there is no legal way to do this especially if it is intentional and by you post the feds now have evidnce that it is intentional :wink:.

nhdiesel

That $60 is a fee that they get for relaying us a form (sf67) from Sammy. They don't pay a damn dime for it.... Last time I looked postage was under $.50. We be gettin' a screwin' boys.
Ya think? lol. Think about this: GL gets a 10% premium from every sale. The opening bid for sales are now $150, so they will get at least $15 from every sale. I'm sure they get paid by the govt. directly for what they do as well. Now, over head. Every GL "office" I've ever been to was on base property. Is it safe to assume they don't pay rent on that office? I've also seen many GL employees at various sites. They didn't exactly graduate top in their class. Hell, I'd bet many didn't graduate from anything. Once site I went to made me think I was in the middle of some gang meeting. Point is I doubt they are out a whole lot for these guy's salaries.

So, on a $2000 truck we pay $200 premium, plus $60 for an SF67 that costs them nothing. Their legwork consists of taking pictures of the items, writing a 2-line description, and listing it on the web site. Once sold, they look at the EUC to make sure its right, and forward it to B.C. Doesn't sound like a lot, considering they made $260.

Now, how about some of these lots that sell for millions? How would you feel if you had to write out an extra $200,000 for a buyer's premium?

Jim

falcody

Banned
My state of N.H. doesn't require that I keep any record of the buyer of any vehicle I sell. I sign the back of the title, and its no longer mine. GL rules only require that if I sell a truck, I keep track of the buyer.

Legal? Yes. 100% ethical? No, but neither is holding my money for months, and not allowing me to pick up my own truck. Or coming to take back a vehicle someone already bought and put time and money into. In an example such as this, I would take legal over ethical any day.

It won't matter to me anyway, because they've dragged their feet so long, both trucks have to be sold anyway, because we are hurting for the money. I was counting on the resale of one of the trucks to help us out. But with everything thats happened, I just as soon they cancel the sale and give me all of my money back. I'll take the loss on the plane ticket and other expenses I'm out.

Jim
You just incriminated yourself.... in writing no less.

bassetdeuce

I don't know if it is the same for guys not in FL, but you paid $60 for a title not an SF97. If you buy a truck now (from GL), you will pay $78 (to GL) or so for a title thanks to the increase in rates from the State of FL. If you buy a truck from GSA and take the free SF97 down and apply for the title, the tag office will charge you the title fee...$78 at current prices in FL.
I wish that was the answer I got originally. Scrapman explained it for me back then, so I know how it works, but I didn't like the sh1tty responses some on this site were giving me. That was my point. Lets drop it.

A3superdeuce

I have no idea as I got the standard response "We'll be in touch" next week. I've already spent time and money on these trucks and want to put one of them up for sale but, now I'm waiting with all the rest of you. When I called and talked to him he seemed suprised that I already had my trucks in my custody. Is possession still 9/10th's:twisted:

nhdiesel

You just incriminated yourself.... in writing no less.
Incriminated in what? As I said, there is nothing illegal about it. I have to keep track of who I sell the truck to, and they must sign a form. Beyond that, its out of my hands.

And like I said, its nothing I would be able to do anyway, both trucks need to get sold ASAP. Its getting cold here, and I need the money for heating oil, pay for the spring semester of my wife's college, and more. There will be no more MVs for me, especially from GL, so its a non-point. If I can't get these trucks home and sold before January, my wife doesn't go to school. They are coming home and going on ebay immediately...IF I can ever get them home. Thats why at this point I'd rather just have them cancel the sale.

Jim

kipman

Did not have time to read all of this, if it means the last sale out of Frankfort, well I spent all day recovering three from there.

bassetdeuce

Incriminated in what? As I said, there is nothing illegal about it. I have to keep track of who I sell the truck to, and they must sign a form. Beyond that, its out of my hands.

And like I said, its nothing I would be able to do anyway, both trucks need to get sold ASAP. Its getting cold here, and I need the money for heating oil, pay for the spring semester of my wife's college, and more. There will be no more MVs for me, especially from GL, so its a non-point. If I can't get these trucks home and sold before January, my wife doesn't go to school. They are coming home and going on ebay immediately...IF I can ever get them home. Thats why at this point I'd rather just have them cancel the sale.

Jim
Just adding a "speaking hypothetically of course" when mentioning such scenarios (sp?) makes it sound better. I know what you are saying though, and I feel for ya. :-(

nhdiesel

Did not have time to read all of this, if it means the last sale out of Frankfort, well I spent all day recovering three from there.
Geez, I would have paid you to get mine out of Ft. Knox....too late now...lol.

But you never know when/if you will get the nastygram from the Govt. wanting you to take all those trucks back for inspection.

Jim

greenjeepster

Yes the new owner also has to abide by the EUC, which is why we are supposed to send in a permission slip to sell that includes the name and address of the new owner....then they get a letter stating the EUC rules.

If I had a Paid in Full I would load out... per the terms and conditions it is all that is required to pic up a lot is the approved EUC and that paid invoice.

falcody

Banned

Jim
I understand NH, and wish you well, but your statement "Legal? Yes. 100% ethical? No," has a certain circumstantial impact.

BTW, I JUST WANT THE DAMN TRUCK I BOUGHT AND PAID FOR!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks