• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODDBALLs M109 w trailer

ODDBALL007

Wow, you're not wasting any time. Great looking truck!!
i gotta b ready for the june rally. Keep readin for additional updates. I got security camera on the truck i also have a back up camera and getting a slim line roof air. Summer in FL is hot... ive been following yr thread and must say i like the round mirror idea to watch the cab corners. I bought them now jus gotta install them

ODDBALL007

Nice truck...So it was road ready when you got it? Do you mind me asking what it set you back? I dont have a place to do a large scale project.
ifi told u what i paid u wood cry. get the KLEENEX out. $1679.00 is what i paid and as far as the noise. Its gone.and as far as road worthy shes a dream to drive

ODDBALL007

I HAVE POWER!!!!! This weekend i decided i need to change out the power plug i installed. PIC #1 As we look at pic #2 this is the stuff i bought. A 50ft power cord that is of marine grade. On the truck side it has a twist lock end so no one can trip and pull it out. On other side i shanged end t accomidate the RV hook up at campgrounds. jus in case they dont have either i can still plug into a wall socket. Total for the parts $231.00... PIC #3 is where i ran into a problem. New plug much smaller then previous one i had installed. PICS #4-6 are how i fixed problem... PIC #7 is of patch panel i made from a roll of flashing that ive been carring around for 6 years. PIC #8 is of installed plug and patch panel painted.. PIC#9 is of installed wire and PIC#10 LIGHTS ON!!!!!

Attachments

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job Chris! Once the AC is in you are ready to go!:grd:

Where is the stereo? You need to be able to drown out Rayzer's snoring.:mrgreen:

A

A/C Cages

Well when you get done with yours, come up to Orange City and finish mine for me. lol

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris,

If you paint the inside of the light fixtures with high temp white paint, they will be much brighter. See my thread on "A different kind of 109 conversion". Also, when you put in the A/c in the back, you may want to go high so there is plenty of room between the bottom of the A/C and your new cab roof. The Army had already made the hole for me, I just had to fill it in. 6500 BTU/hr seems to be big enough in my case, and the unit is small and light. YMMV.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks