• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ODDBALLs M109 w trailer

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Definitely interested in how those fans turn out - Can you take a size comparison photo inside the cab? I have no concept of large/small these are.

ODDBALL007

will do. Theses are a a bit larger then a coke can. I gotta see where they will fit and then i will take pics. I will install them this weekend:drool:

Attachments

Last edited:

timass1

ok today i wired in some magnetic tow lights. They were 12v but went to skycraft and bought 24v replacment bulbs. then i wired the pigtail so it plugs in to the origonal wiring harness, NO CHOPPING WIRES HERE.
Attached Thumbnails

Nice job, I was wondering where you get the pigtails for the lights or did you make them? Also what make and model## on the LED lights outside as well as inside. Thanks keep the pics coming.

ODDBALL007

Nice job, I was wondering where you get the pigtails for the lights or did you make them? Also what make and model## on the LED lights outside as well as inside. Thanks keep the pics coming.
i bought them at a military swapmeet back in feb. They were already made. I jus soldered the wires together then heatshrink wrapped them, They were like 10 bucks a piece but well worth it. As far as the lights u can get them at any trucking place, just make sure they r 24volt..

Last edited:

ODDBALL007

ok i did some more work over the weekend. I installed the 3rd fan on the dash board which i forget to take a pic of:roll: i also installed 3 led red lights in the cab so that it will be nice and red inside. the pics dont do the lights justice but u get the idea. The 1st pic is under dash and 2nd pic is in center of dash next to fan, I didnt take a pic for passenger side. pic 1 says it best.

Attachments

ODDBALL007

Finally the trailer is starting to take shape and come to life. Here ive finally got the frame done. Jus need to clean and paint and wire her up then for the duece bed. The trailer is 12 foot long jus like the bed. Here are some pics

Attachments

Metternacht

Why Two Axles? needed for weight capacity? Seems like a lot of tire scrubbing will happen in tight corners.

Look cool. Can wait to see the final product.

ODDBALL007

no more tire scrubbing then an 18 wheeler persay, but as far as 2 axles well i needed somethin to carry my sand rail around so i built this. I am an overkill power junkie:jumpin::jumpin:

ODDBALL007

trailer sanding and painting coming along ,,, by the weekend should be ready to bolt bthe duece bed on. i will post pics tomorrow of paint job on trailer

ODDBALL007

ok i decided to jus paint the frame as i need a sandblaster top get the rest. Pic 1 is of frame painting. pic 2 is of new LED tail lights i got from WESTECH thanks man what a deal,,, Pic 3 is of new wiring harness i got from HDEXPERT what a deal. Thanks bro. NEW WIRE SAVES HEADACHES and pic 4 is of semi installed wiring

Attachments

Last edited:

ODDBALL007

ok i wired trailer lights over the weekend,, they work great. Now the bed is at the shop getting takin off the duece as i have no way of lifting this heavy deal... I also dug up a springer seat out of the garage for the passenger side and well im gonna paint it tan and re cover with the desert camo with the cookie chips. Should look great,,,, bhind the seat u can see the patteren i want to use

Attachments

goldneagle

Your mods are looking good. It's a nice truck. I bet you are glad you didn't have to replace the floor like I had to do in mine! As far as the CAMO paint job....it reminds me of a cow. Maybe you can get a horn that moooos...rofl

Keep up the good work. :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks