• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/8/11 – Breakfast in Eldersburg, Maryland

rideni

Just wondering else we can park on some prius's just like pawnshoped and I did to a buick a few months back

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0L9UXNJljE[/media]

rideni

Deuce is good to go for tomorrow, what's the fuel price down that way? Cheapest I've got is 3.25 on I95 reststop
That's about the cheapest you'll see.
There is a small station on my way there, the back way to the beltway and to pick up atankersdad, that is about $.02 a gallon less then that.

We can meet up somewhere and convoy up if you'd like...

Sounds like a plan to me, I'm picking a buddy up in Newark at about 0800, then I'll be headed for 95 at Elkton, I believe, gotta check my maps again, lol.

Anyone have any printed repair TMs for an LDT ?

rideni

I'll be on the road at 8am, mapquest time is 75 minutes as it is and I'll be stopping at Glen Arm to pick up Atankersdad. Plus mapquest time doesn't factor the slowness of the deuce.
Watch out for the weigh station on 95 at the Susquehanna bridge, if you don't pull in if it is open they will pull you over. If you have historic plates you are not subject to a safety inspection.

Oops, looks like I'm avoiding 95 then, well, I'll try to get an early start then, lol. What would you say the best route is from elkton without weighstations, 40? my gps gave me a decent amount of back roads to the turn of 2hrs. 95 makes it about 1.5

rideni

nope 40 has an inspection/way station
You can't totally advoid them but the one on US route one isn't a bunch of a-holes and is generally closed on saturdays. I would take 273 south through Newark into Maryland merge onto US Route 1 and follow that down to the beltway. Remember your GPS will tell you 1.5 hours but that is only if you can do the speed limit of 65 and if your in a deuce I would doubt that....
Figure about 1/4 to 1/3 more time in a deuce then a regular vehicle.

Nonotagain

Oops, looks like I'm avoiding 95 then, well, I'll try to get an early start then, lol. What would you say the best route is from elkton without weighstations, 40? my gps gave me a decent amount of back roads to the turn of 2hrs. 95 makes it about 1.5

If coming from Elkton without scales, come across Rt 222 to Rt 1, then south on Rt 1.

Rt 1 changes names to Belair Rd which intersects I-695.

I'm working in the AM, so my day is shot, but my finances are looking up.

jmh4x4

Let me know if you need to get slaved.
Want to meet up somewhere and convoy from Harford County?
where are you planning to meet up with 695? I ussualy head down jarrettsville pike to dulany valley and get on there. LEt me know your path to glen arm, and I'll see if I can meet up with you.