• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1/8/11 – Breakfast in Eldersburg, Maryland

DieselBob

Hey Matt. Thanks for the offer. I was hoping to get free this time but had told my stepson I would help him with his deck several weeks back when ever he was free. Figures he isn't working this weekend. I really would like to meet everyone and put some faces with the names. I know I'm kind of like "where's Waldo".

not to bad on relativly flat section, i can stay at 55, any grade just kills me though, it will drop down to 30 or so.
Lol, almost sounds like my truck, except my usual top end is 45, and again, and grade bigger than a speed bump and it's down to 30-35..... And I'm turbo'd...... :oops: every now and then I'm lucky though and the truck finds it's nuts and I can cruise 55

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
For those who were unable to attended you missed a very good event. Pics to be posted later. There were at least 16 MV's there. Enough to take up the entire width of the parking lot. Great showing by the MD SS members. Breakfast was great and a mini-swap meet afterwards. I am blessed to have 2 sons who share this hobby along with more new friends who I have met. The civilians who were driving through the parking lot must have thought that the Guard was being deployed and had stopped in for one last dose of Bob's famous breakfast. It is alway great to watch the kids with their faces pressed to the glass as they drive buy. Great january day.. Thanks Ian for the ride there so I could pick up mt M1028.. It was nice riding in my old deuce in the passenger seat listeneng to the whisler..

3rdmdqm

Thars military steel in them thar parking lots. Was a nice time, great turn out. It was really nice that Deuce n a half dragon from Delaware and Krall from Pa. made it. I think if old Bob Evans found out they drove all that way just for breakfast at his place might make for some advertising gold! Thanks to Krall and PowerhouseDeuce for the fuel/water cans. Waiting to hear if Python86 or M816someday picked up a 105mm howitzer at the show afterwards?????? The convoy afterwards was fun.

krall

Wow what a day. Great to see some new faces. Would do it again in a hart beat. Great fun convoying. Had a bit of a drive but it was good to get out and do something different. Unfortunantly I won't be able to make it next month I got the sportsman show in Harrisburg and my wife is due (again) around there but would love to continue coming

I know my brother had fun

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had a great time meeting everyone, and I'm looking forward to the next time! It was the first trip outside my general neighborhood for the Deuce, and it did not disappoint! Thanks to everyone for making it a good time.

And Al Gore felt the disturbance in the force for sure! :twisted:

m816 someday

It was excellent to see so many MVs parked together. We really enjoy getting together with fellow MV owners from the area. Talked with the manager of Bob Evans and he's putting us on the calendar for the second Saturday of each month, so we hope to see you all February 12th. After breakfast, a few of us drove out to the gun show in Frederick. Here are some pictures from breakfast and a couple of links to videos of the convoy to Frederick.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXpUQn_n4JY[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcyG8-uM4AE[/media]

Attachments

Well I just got home, had a few stops after making it back to DE, me and Dan had a great time, breakfast at Bob's was great as usual, them pancakes are always great. After dumping 16oz of 2stroke in at the fuel stop before heading for the gun show the truck ran like a dream. Managed to score a Jerry can for 35 bucks, just need a lock strap now. Couldn't wipe the drool off my lip the whole time there, could have filled a bucket when I picked up the M21 that was there :drool: :drool:

Well this is deffinatly something to do again. Was nice to see everyone and add faces to names, though with my memory I'll need refreshing again next month, lol.

James