• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

100dollarman's 1st bobbed M35a3!

Unforgiven

forgive me for thinking on this or maybe asking a dumb question, but why in the world would the Army be getting rid of A3's when they are are only a dozen years old or so? I can see A2s and all the older stuff for sure, though it does make more sense to maintain or reman something than to build a new truck. Further, I assume, they are selling A3s for a fraction of what they cost new, losing even more money..

I digress....
As I understand it, the bulk of the A3's were made from parts cannibalized from A2's, I read somewhere it was something like 2-3 A2's plus a few new parts to make the A3's. That would make some of the A3 components quite old.

Am I smoking bananas or did I read that somewhere?

AceHigh

Totally true Unforgiven. Plus I think a bigger issue was all the newer "modern" trucks and HUMMWVs arriving, well, the old M35Awhatever just sat and was ignored. The very low mileage tells me they were just not popular with the new troops.

An Army mechanic tells me his unit is required to roll each vehicle 5 miles per month. Most of the A3 trucks seemed to have about 40 miles a month, still not much.

100dollarman

SORRY to dig up an OLD thread!

This is prolly the nicest bobber we did out of 40 of them.

Since I sold it back in 2010 it has been sitting in a warehouse. It has 100 miles on it since bobbed.

I have "aquired" it.

Anyone interested in this truck should give me a call 760 964 5123

HUNDY

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks