• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DSD277

I noticed that neither of the rear tires spun when airborn. Is that normal? Shouldn't at least one spin?
AFAIK, one wheel on each axle will spin... I also noticed the left tire on the middle axle didn't spin while it was in the air for a brief moment, couldn't tell about the right.
You might want to jack up all 3 axles on one side and cage the brakes on that side ( The 2 downside axles still braked) and see if all 3 wheels turn when in gear... I'd hate to think you have a Front Wheel Drive only truck.:sad:

In normal mode, the drive is split 30%/70% front to rear and 50/50 in off road mode

The TM may have another way to test for torque to the rear output of the transfercase. .... since the trans is in neutral when there is no voltage to it, you may be able to jack only the 2 rear axles and "try" to turn the wheels by hand and see if the driveshaft turns.

M925

I wouldn't feel too bad, that beautiful piece of equipment was going to go that high anyways.....I saw a unimog the other day go for $29K....nice truck!
I placed my final bid, then quickly walked away from the computer. After the auction was over, I saw that I had typed an extra zero.aua:oops:
Needless to say, this is my last MV until I am able to sell some stuff. On the upside, the truck runs great, and as far as I know, it does not need anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks