• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

zout

Tin Medic - I do not care what PB pm's me about you - your a pretty sharp fella to notice that. I have noticed when I posted pics in the past some have nit picked them to death (NO I have not fixed my electrical box in the garage for lighting either).

BUT - IF you notice that last 2 foot of roof is not done as well - only the Lee;s BBQ sign brackets were removed and I temp filled the holes as it suppose to rain here tomorrow, I will perm fix them when I finish the rest of the front how I want it to be and then get onto that last 2 ft area.

OK - I will give ya a chuckle moment. So I have roughly about a quart and a half of ALL-METAL mixed up ( remind me never to use this chit again - its the second time its happened) and I am ready to smooth out that front after getting the vent in.
I mix it per the spec's once again and with the hardener that comes with it - the chit after two hour has not dried and is still as tacky as wet cheese.

It should have been done so I can move on - but oh no - I putty knife all that crap out - use about 12 high speed sander discs to get it out (clogging every spin) and then use what I should have in the first place - DURAGLASS. Both made by the same company USC.
Per PB's orders I still have some after work to do to this AFTER the cookout because now I am working on stuff around the house starting tomorrow - so there will be no info forthcoming on this till after the cookout.

I did get primer on the surface to at least seal it till I can get back to that area till Zout is happy with it. That fella is a tough customer.

SO - come cookout time - this is how you will see it - so please cut me some slack as there is lots more to do.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well Brother Zout...after about 40 years of being totally neglected and left to die a slow, lonely, death in the woods, I'm pretty sure the ole K-18 sees you as her savior and will gladly await your return to help her be whole again!:beer:

Now...take care of yourself and your family and take a nice well deserved break.

And just so you know, the K18 looks 20 thousand times better already than the last time I saw her!!:not worthy:

Tin Medic

Maybe if the army sends me out that way I can attend these cookouts. Now, about those seams. My comment was meant to be more "are they dents in the roof or is there a filler that is missing" type statement?

zout

No filler and very slight dents up there the only filler that is found is where the seam is overlapped and rivieted - other than that the other two with the stripping had nothing in them.

I use a 3m Seam Sealer which was an OEM product for cars and trucks and costs roughly $50 a quart. Smells great also (if ya want a quick buzz).

zout

After 10 minutes of pressure washing the back porch - and watching Swiss pick up some metal I had for he Boy Scouts collection - and Deb bossing me around I had the twitches just to start heading back down to the K 18 again. I think I can blame PB on that but whether he'll be responsible is a whole nother thing. Sick of chores after the first hour already and how many days do I have to stay in withdrawl status IFS ??? TORTURE - sheer TORTURE. I hear it calling me.

Still looking for the camera's so I can put them out of their misery.

Hope everyone like how clean and fresh smelling it is around here come cookout time cause this sucks :)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
After 10 minutes of pressure washing the back porch - and watching Swiss pick up some metal I had for he Boy Scouts collection - and Deb bossing me around I had the twitches just to start heading back down to the K 18 again. I think I can blame PB on that but whether he'll be responsible is a whole nother thing. Sick of chores after the first hour already and how many days do I have to stay in withdrawl status IFS ??? TORTURE - sheer TORTURE. I hear it calling me.
Still looking for the camera's so I can put them out of their misery.
Hope everyone like how clean and fresh smelling it is around here come cookout time cause this sucks :)
OH NO YA DON'T MISTER...and yes, I'm yelling!!!

You promised Deb AND me that you would be good and take a break from the K-18 (other than minor piddling in bad weather) until after the cookout. Now GET YOUR HONEYDO LIST DONE TROOP!!

I think I'll FEDEX the remote for the cameras and the Zout Zapper to Deb tomorrow so she can keep a close eye on you.

Attachments

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saved Commander Z for about 1.5 hours today from his slavery. :) Got a bunch of scrap metal for my son's Eagle Scout project for recycling and then cleaned up the garage and hauled out all the garbage.

The truck looks great and me and Nicholas were getting an education from Zout on the history and purpose. Great Day!

rickf

Even after all of the previous pictures it was not until the last three that I noticed that the K18 had been punched in the nose.:roll:
PB, Sending Deb the remote could make for some real entertainment. Sure you want to do that? What am I thinking, of coarse you do, you have cameras.

zout

Difference between an man and a woman so you youngins know.

A man will just flat kill you and put you out of your misery.

Now a woman will make the pain and agony last as long as possible till you give up the ghost. If you last a whole year or long under pain - that is what she will do just to make it last and get satisfaction.

PB - DO NO send Deb the controller for the tazer - just saying.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks