• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1941 K18-C GMC Recovered today

whiskey357

Banned
Howdy and price of photos 4 dollar....price truck pricless...heheheh nice looking worked on US Army ...Sat Comm tgruck that ant. load assmb. looks very close to one we used on the comm truck........keeps out interface on the signal.......Army navy store has them .....

rickf

The price for the harness will be "If you have to ask, you cannot afford it".:!: Those pictures of the wiring will bring things back to reality real fast won't they?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The price for the harness will be "If you have to ask, you cannot afford it".:!: Those pictures of the wiring will bring things back to reality real fast won't they?
I seem to run into that a lot!! LOL

It hasn't stopped me yet!:grd:

When we get that baby back to the compound the boys will start tracing/replacing wires...one at a time if need be, but she WILL function....safely!!:rules:

Attachments

zout

I'll throw ya a realistic $ as rare as it is minus any generator/pto radio gear - and you might want to sit down - 60K would be my realm if it were mine. That would be with the original engine of course. But its not mine.

I will get that drivers door tore down - work on removal of the crank out windshield and see what parts I need for that crank gearbox and most likely I can rebuild it myself once looking at it.

Window frames joints are soaking in penetration solution - will get to those sometime ?? no big rush.

Thunderstorms here again tonight - good time to get inside and get the two upper corner dents out - maybe get onto the metal window channel installation. Once the cab dents are out there are some other frontal dents to hammer out - little weld work and then onto blasting with black beauty - yes the dash as well.

I see high hopes for a "new" look come the ending of this weekend. Then I think "my" price will go UP. But its not mine so it does not count.

3rd Army stencils in a three section panel are getting made which totals 9 stencils - no paint picked up yet but that can wait till final paint anyhow.

Stay tuned

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Just remember Commander, you promised to take it easy on this build!!

Did I mention Saturday how good she's looking? And did I say thank you...a hundred times?:goodjob:

zout

PB - I thought I heard you mumbling something as you beat feet out of the dually and making a Beeline to the K18 - I never saw anyone travel so fast down my driveway downhill !!!!!!!! does MB know you can move that fast ??

Besides that I can tell by the look in your eye - takes no words for me to know someone appreciates it Bro.

I am taking it easy - just looks like an illusion of a fast moving object.

zout

You two want to keep each others hands out of each others pockets please - it gives me bad visions - oooooohhhh disgusting.

Anyhow while you two have each others hands in each others pockets someone has to WORK.

Drivers door glass stripped out.
Behind the passenger head area - there is another mount of some sort with rubber bushings on it - just like a voltage regulator mount ????? again no idea but its there.
Windshield - I knew this was going to be the biggest PIA on the whole truck - crank out style. I got the cover off and the hinged assembly was freed up plus the crank assembly removed and right off the bat you can see the problem.
With it sitting for so long and someone and anyone jumping in there and just cranking away as the lube dried out stripped the die cast gear mechanism. You can see the stainless steel feeder strip that the gear drive's on. Where it mounts to the windshield was pretty much fubared - I see more fab work like I expected.

Got the windshield freed and all the mechanism out - braced the windshield open just to think about getting those rusted arse screws out of the framework (NO the hinges have no place to exit - these are two part assemblies).

Once the windshield is clear I am free to blast. Might just work in between a couple things as I play with that framework. Lots to do body hammering wize to the front and sides yet anyhow.

Like always - stay tuned IMG_1297.jpgIMG_1298.jpgIMG_1300.jpgIMG_1301.jpgIMG_1302.jpgIMG_1303.jpgIMG_1304.jpgIMG_1305.jpgIMG_1306.jpgIMG_1307.jpg

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wait till they start playing footsyeeee​

Why did you break the glass getting the windows out? :popcorn::popcorn:​

Last edited:

zout

No way to soak that hanging windshield at a 60 degree angle - two options - they come loose from heating and shooting with pent oil - or they get cut off and figure it out later so project can move on. Almost the same situation with all the side glass and frames as well. Hard to loosen with the screws are more than half eaten through with corrosion.

We'll figure it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks