• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 Deuce with correct paint completed

CatMan

Well, I don't post here too often but just had to show off my truck a little. I've had this truck since 1994. It was a non running parts truck from Ft McCoy WI when they still had live auctions at the DRMO.

We are taking it on the MVPA Convoy thru Indiana, Illinois and Iowa in a few weeks.

I see alot of posts about correct paint colors. After using it all these years with about 5 coats of four and three color CARC camo, we repainted it back to the correct color from photos of trucks in that 1970's time period. The unit markings are for a WI Army reserve company that served in Vietnam in 68 and 69. They got brand new equipment including M35A2's on return to reserve status in the early 70's

Cat Man

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer:

Numbers

Very nice work and also on other vehicles on your photobucket album. Especially like the photo of the Veteran standing in the middle of the gun ring. Thanks, more people should remember Veterans like that and not just on Veterans day.

What shade of OD did you use, it appears to be a slight gloss. 383 ?

GoHot229

Now theres a great reason to go 'Purist' with the Deuce , how much better is it than this......!!! How much longer did this color get used in Vietnam? and please....give us some #'s on the paint, and what and where's What brand, and where did you locate it, and how much did it take in galons? This is a work of passion here to be sure, and you were richly rewarded for your efforts as can be seen.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks