• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1971 M35A2 Front Axle Boot Replacement

Boots787

Hello, Fellas -
I have two new front axle zippered boots with clamps, but would appreciate any information on actually replacing these boots.
Thanks -
Boots

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you already have the zippered boots, use them before thinking of getting silicone one-piece ones. Relatively easy to do. I have even done them on my five-ton. I can do one in about an hour now. Never even have to jack up the truck for the zipper style. Make double sure the clamp ring is properly seated into the groove all the way around.

Boots787

Thanks, VPed. Your post is good news for me. My M35A2 is pretty much a show truck, painted back to 1971 OD and so far, I have not used the truck in water, so feel that the zippered boots should do the trick for me, as I'm pushing 76 yrs old, but still going strong and double-clutching always.
~Boots

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As stated zippered boots are relatively easy to install. Here's some advice when you reassemble, make sure the mating surfaces for your hubs, boots, and clamps are free of grease and oil.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As stated zippered boots are relatively easy to install. Here's some advice when you reassemble, make sure the mating surfaces for your hubs, boots, and clamps are free of grease and oil.
X2 ... fighting the slippery parts install under a big truck is no fun. Make the surfaces clean and dry and the sealing task will work like a charm.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks