• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1984 CUCV M1009 build thread

Mohawk Dave

Dave your '09 is reallly looking great! Keep up the good work,

Got any updated videos out wheeling? I'm hoping to post some up after I go to Uwharrie the end of this month!
I haven't taken Clyde (That's his name) out in the last couple weeks. Actually, we went to Pismo- that was cool. But Clyde is way too heavy and underpowered to carve dunes. Did fine cruisin the ridge.

And, since I can't seem to keep a vehicle somewhat stock....I've been stuck on Pirate 4x4, and now the plans are to continue with the CTD 6BT, a 47RH trans, either 205 or Atlas (contingent on $), and then the D70 from my donor W350, and a D60 up front, both with ARB Air Lockers.

I'll move the front axle forward, B52s in the rear probably, stick with leaf springs on all 4 corners for ease and utilitarian POV (I can always replace with stock Chevy truck springs if breakage occurs no matter what part of the country I'm in), and probably move up to 40s. Oh yea, I'm going to boatside it as well.

Still need bumpers, winches, roof rack. And taking cage to frame now.

Getting my vinyl floor kit on friday, so that is this weekends project.

This will still be a streetable driver, but little by little it's going from DD to trail-rig.

You know what we say..."Fix it till it's broke!"

-Happy Trails

Dave

Attachments

Last edited:

SGT LongT

The only problem I see is that there are not enough gadgets on the dash :shock: I'm thinking microwave or coffee maker would round out the dash nicely :D

Mohawk Dave

Hey guys,

A lot of you have PM'd me on where I got the wheel spacers, so here is the info.

Here is the link fore the adapters. http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Ada...6550-8650v.htm They are located in San Gabriel, and I just went down there and picked them up in person. Its a crazy warehouse full of weird Chinese imported stuff- but they charged me $300 even for 4 adapters, plus the nuts to hold the adapters to the 6 lug (24 total), and the lug nuts themselves for the 8 lug side (32 total).

-Dave

andytk5

Fantastic thread!!!! I am picking up my 1009 this thursday to be the little bro to my deuce, so I will be looking in here alot!

Thanks for making such a :jumpin:detailed build thread.

usmc80

Way back when, he was taking it to a couple races, hitting trails and what not. Saw a couple of rough terrain pics and was wondering how it's holding up during those events. I call it a race when I run a mud track, trails or climb, that sort of thing. Not that he was racing Baja. But if he doesnt do that, then I stand erected.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks