• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st Deuce Project Begins

McVeyMac

I have really enjoyed reading your thread and watching the progress. This is exactly what I have wanted to do with mine; however a long drawn out illness with my mother and a bunch of work related issues have meant that I am going to have to get rid of mine to let someone else enjoy it.

Great looking truck, thanks for sharing the experience with us:driver:.

StoneMill

Thanks everyone for the kind words.
If you mean the spray on bed liner, it has been great. I've been told that 3M is a little better but I've been really happy with the duplicolor. It scratches off with some force but it's good enough that I painted the wheel wells and rockers on my 07 wrangler.
The herculiner bed liner is nice stiff too. Seems really tough, but I haven't had any loads on it yet.

StoneMill

I couldn't resist taking the deuce to the local pizza shop for supper. My 6 month pregnant wife was waiting for her first ride so she came along too.
I fixed a small gas leak by cutting off an inch of the line and putting on a new compression fitting (couldn't have done that in just a couple minutes a year ago. Had to test it out by going for decent drive, so we stopped by a friends house in a larger development. Needless to say, the deuce got a lot of attention.
My friends wife had two huge colorful bags of baby stuff for us. We looked kinda funny driving home with her holding all the bags and the top off the deuce. Having fun and already daydreaming of my next deuce.

littlebob

Great work! Glad you got it finished before the baby takes your mind, time and money. Don't get me wrong I love the kid's, but they remember any and everything you miss to work on your hobby.

StoneMill

Why didn't I buy a deuce sooner. I put 50 miles on her today just crusing around, getting fuel, etc. I though my '07 wrangler was fun to drive and got looks. I think a couple people snapped there necks checking out my truck today.8)8) I absolutely love driving it. Biggest vehicle I've ever driven, but I feel pretty comfortable in it now. Power steering would be nice, but I'll just get to the gym more often until that happens. Can't wait to find a bobbed deuce to use as my daily driver.:lol:

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations...strong work on the truck! The date of your last post I was on the side of I-10 putting a single alternator belt on to replace the two that crapped ou, and hoping the single would get me to a NAPA the next day that might have more than one belt. Finished the recovery and have started on what clearly will be a long maintenance/repair/refurbish effort, but I doubt that it will be as extensive and have the same stellar result as yours.

Thanks for sharing the journey...it's been quite an eventful 10 or so months since the start, and an extremely interesting thread to follow. [thumbzup]

bs

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck with the duster the Deuce is beautiful and Literally at least 3 times the vehicle the Duster is or will ever be! Darnd pretty M35!!
Karl

gunboy1656

I have always like the camo trucks, better then the classic cars. Granted they are fun to look at as well, but there is something about having a vehicle that your not afraid to use.

Truck (and jeep) look good.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Winches are very cool but just remember they are fairly easy to add after the fact to Stonemill. You can usually buy a Garwood 10K winch for the M35 with everything necessary for between 900 and 1500 dollars, it takes around a day to get everything mounted and setup. I know this because I did this to My M35, I spent more time sanding and painting than any other part! GOOD LUCK on the Bid!!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks