• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 ill mep-002a need help

Isaac-1

Keep in mind there is more than one revision of the Ambac M-50, early models were very different on the inside compared to later ones

R Racing

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!! I Think I may see part of my problem . The picture shows the piston that contacts the cam protruding past the gear. mine is flat level?

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
there are many little things that must all work and be in the right relation to each other. the gear must rotate, the piston must pump, the delivery sleeve must slide and be connected to the control shaft by the pin and it must all be timed exactly right. plus it must have some fuel pressure to charge the piston. remove the delivery valve carefuly and with a small wooden dowel see that the piston pumps when cranking. if so no fuel could be the delivery sleeve just sitting at the bottom position.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
just take the keepers off so the spring and cup will come off, remove the delivery valve and soak / wash it in lacquer thinner until it will come apart. note the relation of everything so it goes back the way it came.

R Racing

The metering sleeve seems to be the issue. Until I install the throttle shaft if floats like it's supposed to. But once the shaft comes in contact with the metering sleeve it locks up. I did pull out the the pump shaft and it had a very small bur in it. It stoned it out but it still acted the same once the throttle shaft was installed.

R Racing

Ok the Saga continues . Got a pump fro Gimpy that looks and feels awesome! Put in the fuel button from the old pump . And set the timing . And it would spit a tiny amount out of the pump. Bleed everything several times . It seemed like #1 was not putting out almost no fuel. But # 2 was putting out a good amount. It finally took off and started and ran for a bit more than a min. It sounded like it started to labor and died ?? It now wont restart and I think I may have cooked my starter :-( I do have a question about the timing. I saw 2 mark at PC there about 3/16 apart . Do you use the top. bottom or in between ? Anyone with any ideas? it acts like its fuel starved? The shut off solenoid when im turning it over is a good 1/4 inch above the throttle shaft when cranking. And throttle appears to be wide open .

jamawieb

I know this sounds like a dumb question but have you cleaned out your strainer and changed you filters? Also have you taken the inlet fuel hose off the pump and made sure you have a decent flow? The injection pump needs a slight pressure from the fuel pumps to make the psi needed to the injectors.

Your timing mark should be in the middle of the PC when timing the pump.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I never thought to ask if he cracked the injector lines to the injectors after it stopped running to verify the IP is putting out fuel.

R Racing

I have pulled the feed line to the pump and it was a very strong stream. I did try bleeding again. But seemed like I wasn't getting fuel. I had flushed everything out 3 times. But perhaps something got thru. I'm going to pull it all apart again on Thursday or Friday. I'm just not sure what I'm missing? ? The first time I timed it I was on the first mark. The second time I put it in between .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks