• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Fall Rausch Creek MV Rally!!!

c_clar

stone mill> ive got a set of five at home the big ndts on stock deuce wheels nothing all that great all the others are els where a few hrs away if you would like to look at the ones i have here you can do that im just across the river wrightsville exit on 30 gotta put new seals in the front and rear of my deuce next week end so ill be around both days plenty of beer if ya wanna stop by:)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool, a wrecker on site this year. Getting close, can't wait - all dependent on income for the time being, though. If I am still out of work at the time, I doubt I can swing this rally. We'll see as we get closer.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Great looking Deuce StoneMill. Congrats on getting it roadworthy. It looks like you're about 1hr. 30min. away. I think you'll find it worth it to come out even if its just for a day and a half. I along with a several others will be arriving Thursday afternoon. Camping is free and Lynn at the park already knows some of our group will be arriving Thursday and camping. You'll get to ride or take your deuce on the trails all day Fri.

That would be great to have you and your M543A2 attend 5tonpuller. I remember you wanted to come back in 07' but couldn't get off. I hope this time works out.

Geez I hope things work out for ya Mike. Maybe some of the Maryland folks would "carpool" with ya? We enjoyed your company last year. You appeared out of no where! haha.

I'll update the list...

Xs10tial

I saw the thread for this last year, it's about 2.5 hours away from me, so I'll be bringing the M1008 up to play with the big boys. Sounds like a lot of fun. Has anyone camped at the Echo Valley campground? I'm thinking of booking 3 nights there.

THEROAD

It's more fun to sit around the campfires and drink beer and BS. Then you can crawl into your sleeping bag and not get a DUI by driving to a campground. Last year we had a hard driving rain one night. I gave up and headed to a dinner and a warn motel room. Most folks stuck it out on the mountain top and survived. Remember to bring something to sit on and plenty of baby wipes. The camping is primitive; no hot showers or cold ones for that matter!!
:grd:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, but there are a couple lakes back in the woods you can jump in if you have to wash off, I guess. Or just walk out in the driving rain with some soap and a washcloth, you get the idea.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Welcome Xs10tial, I hope to see you and tha nice CUCV there. Contact some of the other MD folks to see if they want to convoy. Your welcome to camp out with the group but if your looking for a shower I don't blame ya. It'll be fun either way.

Haha yeah you can wash off in one of the many lakes, ponds and puddles and you'll come out covered in a fine coal dust.

Also just to let everyone know I will again be bringing a load of kindling and some reg. sized firewood but it would be nice if others contributed some firewood too. If those that can, bring a little it should be fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition, THEROAD made a very good suggestion. If people are bored or want to do something different for a half day/day there is an oppurtunity to take a 30mi. convoy ride to another property to go offroad. Nothing set in stone, if there is interest then he'll make it happen. Thanks for the idea.

Xs10tial

Thanks for the greetings. I have a slide in camper, but my girlie like the big one. We'll make a decision over the next few weeks. Either way, I'll be there.

LanceRobson

Remember to bring something to sit on and plenty of baby wipes. The camping is primitive; no hot showers or cold ones for that matter!!
:grd:
The event lasts less than a month. What's this talk about showers?

No2-the M813A1 won't make it. It has been tough to get into gear on downshifts. To downshift from 3rd to 2nd on trails I have to nearly stop before it will go in. I drained the tranny and there were some small bits of ferrous metal in it so until I can drop the tranny and get a good look inside it it will stay in the shop. The -34 TM shows that you can take the top cover off while it is in the vehicle but I can't get the cover up high enough to get the shifter forks disengaged due to the cab floor support just above the rear of the tranny. I'll have to drop it. Holy Cow-I just realized that even my projects have projects!

That leaves one of the deuces- the singled out one or my drop side. Or maybe the M1009 with a trailer.

Gee, maybe I'll steal D8Dave's M817 with the lockers and 395s..... He'll never miss just one truck.

Lance

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Either way, Lance, you gotta make it back. I'm gonna try and move H&E to get there, even if I'm just riding with someone. Last rally of the year for me.

I hope this permanently turns into a twice-a-year event, like this year has been. In fact, I wish I could make RC more times than twice, if I had a CJ5 or similar trail vehicle, there are so many trails up there that we haven't even touched them with the bigger vehicles. Take a week to hit them all in a Jeep.

StoneMill

Got someone to work Sunday night and will know if I got coverage for Saturday night tomorrow. If so, I'll be up there sometime Saturday morning and stay the night. Mark me down. Looking forward to checking out all the OD.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Less than a month to go. I've said it before, we almost need someone with a small jeep or something to go there a weekend early and scout some of the trails that we haven't been on yet, in order to see how bad they are, and see if it might be worthwhile to try. I am attaching the maps again, in case anyone has any feedback on the routes.

No.2 - have you contacted the owner of the site and let them know that they are being invaded again on this weekend? Hope this doesn't intersect with the big-ass jeep rally they have every fall....

Attachments

powerhouseduece

I'm off the weekend before the event. I can see if I can take my old ladys jeep up there. I think there is a rcrocks event going on the weekend before. I'll have to see if I can get someone to go up with us with something 4wd.

THEROAD

My son is towing a lifted jeep behind his M35A2.
#2 what tim aere you getting there Thursday?
Why don't we PM some cell phone numbers around. #2 you up to coordinate that?
I plan on panning some gold, going off site to hunt fossils and explore the other property. My son has spent a good amount on the other property. Says it is huge and most trails are easy.

Atwater

reply to an earlier post, i went to penn tech for heavy equipment 01-04 (couldn't schedule as my classes in 2 years) great program just a reminder for anyone you will get out of it what you put into it.
back to topic dang i wish i was closeraua , 50 mph for 300 mi = not so much fun

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PHD - if you can focus your efforts on scouting the following green trails:

On the East Map, those labeled as "101 Trail", "1" and "1b". The rest of the green trails we have already traveled.

On the West Map, those labeled as "J-1", the entire "11" loop, "14" and "21". The rest of the green trails we have already traveled.

If you want to try out the blue and purple trails, be my guest, but I can say for certain that larger vehicles like the deuces and 5-tons will not be able to fit down those.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks