• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 GA rally Definite dates???

Status
Not open for further replies.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Whoa!!!!

This event is the highlight of my MV year.
We are going to try to have something special this year from the kitchen.
I have been breeding a bigger and more meaty possum.

Ummm...I'm gonna hafta call PITA...ain't that sorta..well wrong?? Even in Alabama??

There's an ole gal down the street that needs a man (well maybe she would settle for you)....want me to send her over??

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You gotta make another load of Chili Mac! This year I'm bringing myself a bottle or 5 of Trappeys Bull, my hot sauce of choice for most every food I consume!

Edit, just got this email

Dear Kenneth Engle,

Greetings from Durhamtown Plantation Off Road Park.

We are pleased to accept your reservation.

Unit: Mallards # 1 - 1 unit(s)
Guests: 4
Check-In: October 19, 2011
Check-Out: October 23, 2011
Staying: 4 night(s)

We look forward to serving you!

Thanks DP Staff

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You gotta make another load of Chili Mac!
Mike and I have agreed that the Chili-mac is a menu keeper for one night (prob Friday).

We even had folks eating it lukewarm the next day.

You can't argue with success.

I think Kenny should have to do a before and after weigh in to see how much he is consuming.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry, I think I am next door to you this year...
Wrecker, that just ain't right (somehow).

Clinto, we stand ready to help you make this THE rally. Lost of good suggestions from last years after action reports that will help you (us) make it even better.
With a group like we had last year(s) and the SS family in general there is no limit.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Clinto, we stand ready to help you make this THE rally. Lost of good suggestions from last years after action reports that will help you (us) make it even better.
With a group like we had last year(s) and the SS family in general there is no limit.
I'll do what I can to help out...BUT... you DO NOT want me to cook!!:lol:

I tried to boil water once, but it got burntroflroflrofl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We really need to assemble a team of volunteers to go to Meadows of Dan VA and get Bjorns affairs in order and drag him to the GA Rally.

I'll do what I can to help out...BUT... you DO NOT want me to cook!!:lol:

I tried to boil water once, but it got burntroflroflrofl
Feel your pain Larry. I have powered water but I don't know what to add!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We really need to assemble a team of volunteers to go to Meadows of Dan VA and get Bjorns affairs in order and drag him to the GA Rally....
Slow going here, ever since being semi-retired after the cross country trip a few years ago, money has been scarce, spending perhaps $50-100/month on the hobby.
But, I'm only 66, so lots of time to get back on the road.
Appreciate the companionship that the site offers and visitors (grunts) are always welcome here...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
THE SS RANGERS needs to do a snatch and grab operation with BJORN as the target, from what I saw at the rally last year, I'm sure that prisoner accommodation's would be WELL ABOVE what the GENEIVER CONVENTION calls for.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Go to Coming Soon! and look at the 2010 info and you will find most of the info about the event.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Durhamtown Plantation Off Road Park. UNION CITY,GA.
Correction: Union Point, Ga. Union City is on the South side of Atlanta.

dc3coyote

Hey now not all of us are Motley, some are Crusty, or a little rough around the edges.
As far as the addiction, I dont consider that a problem esp since quitting is no fun. Who wants to walk around and say they are a ex Mv addict.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or, if following Wreckerman, look for the trail of Possum carcasses along side the road.

;-)

sw

dc3coyote

Wreckerman would never leave a trail of possum carccasses, that would just be plain wastefull, all of that good meat.
Speaking of that reminds me of being in BoyScouts with a Scoutmaster who was into amature taxedermy, on the way out
to a campout he would stop at all of the road kill and spray paint it, on the trip back he would collect all of the non painted
road kill.

Jimma

We do need to have some signs up out front to direct people to the rally site. I had friends that arrived on Saturday and could not find us and the desk staff did not know where we were located either so they left. I would be willing to help in any way possible.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We do need to have some signs up out front to direct people to the rally site. I had friends that arrived on Saturday and could not find us and the desk staff did not know where we were located either so they left. I would be willing to help in any way possible.
Agreed. We discussed this in an earlier thread. I went out and collected a dozen or so signs after the elections and started to paint them so I could stencil them. My kids found them and decided to practice spinning hook kicks on them. I have one left! I'm going to try to get with the zoning dept and get some of the signs they pick up from areas where they are prohibited. Would be nice to put one at the end of Randolph Church Rd and one at the entrance to the campground road that leads to the pasture! A few more too if we can find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks