• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin information/dates/attendance

ranchhopper

I made it home at about 5:30 or so, 490 miles and about 8 hours or so,I stuck with EMD,Ferro and Neil till about Cincinati,so they are probably about 2 hours behind me.

I'm gonna try my best to make it back next year.

Those of you that weren't up at about 7 AM Sat morning missed watching me pull Wreckerman and Elmo out with Westech's truck.
He was stuck tight and not in a good mood I had to lock the 1008 in four wheel drive to get by him so I didnt slide into his trailer.

kipman

Great time, like to thank WW and westy for dinner, we brought some new members, they had a grand time, the tubing down the river was the best, but Westys butt was dragging bottom.rofl

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Rally this year again!!!!

I had a blast as usual. Great to see old friends again and meet some new ones. Brandon, it was good to see some more of the southern steelsoldiers at Haspin. I hope you can make it back next year and bring an MV along.

I hope everybody makes it back safe and sound, and that Ferro get's a good report from the Dx. Monday.

CW3Topher

Had a great time at my first Haspin event. It was really good to meet some new friends and see some old ones too. Will definitely attend next year, but need to be better equipped for camping, the tent leaked way too much Friday night.
Tried to clean some mud off of the truck today, I think I'll have Haspin mud on it forever.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
DHW and I are home.

I want to personally Thank all who attended and or contributed.

The Haspin rally was AWESOME. Everyone made it Awesome. You guys(and gals) are Awesome.

Thank you everyone, for such a good time.

Last edited:
Iwanna Thanks everyone for coming out it was a great rally good to see new and old faces . every year we meet new folks and as allways they are tops . glad everyone made it home safe . Hope Westy gets a good report tomorrow . Lookin forward to next year . Thanks to everyone for making HASPIN 2011 a great time. :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin: Next year bring the pins so we can bowl so Buffrofl

THANKS FOR THE HATS C & C EQUIPMENT

Last edited:

hdmax

I had a great time.
I wasn't sure if I was stuck the first time my truck had to be pulled out, so I went into the same hole once more to make sure I did it right the first time.
And sure enough, I had.
But I did not have to be pulled out any the whole weekend. (My son got behind the wheel, because he is a much better driver in those situations.)

Being my first time there, I didn't take any chances, maybe next year I will do more.
Thanks to everyone that didn't hoot and carry on with load obnoxious music every night well after midnight. For those that didn't have the sense to know you don't do that stupid stuff in the middle of the night, hopefully you will forget how to get back to Haspin next year.

Look forward to next year!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting some new folks but to be honest I was not impressed with that venue.

Getting stuck was my fault but some good solid foundation on the main roads would be helpful.

The facilities left a lot to be desired also (bathrooms nasty).:roll:

Maybe I am spoiled by Durhamtown but I probably won't make the trip north again.

If I owned He!! and Haspin I would live in He!! and rent Haspin out.:p

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Angie and I just pulled in- not sure about Neil and EMD (JP) yet.

Haspin is great! yes, Durhamtown is great because you can get personal cabins, but the little B-horror movie shower for us there at the campground sucks.

We (several other members and myself) are going to chip in a rent portapots next year for steel soldiers members. That's about the only issue, now that we have that kick butt shower!

Richard, come up early and go out on the trails with us for one day- that's the best part. I'd post pics in the other thread but I've got to be to work to move railcars at 0630.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This year at Haspin we did not have the MKT as in the past few years. Lunches and dinners were handled in a few smaller groups(instead of everyone using the MKT).

One evening Michelle and Rich organized a fantastic meal for the group. Chicken Kabobs, Wisconsin smashed potatoes and grilled corn on the cob.

Another evening Kip and Brett fed us all Chicken wings and french fries. Also great lunches were served buffet style over in their area.

Adams camp(especially Neil) offered coffee each morning.

HDexpert provided a mobile military shower that many used.

JWC and a few others assembled a great evening video event(of JWC on the TV show JunkYardWars).

C&C equipment and Doc provided very nice Haspin 2011 hats.

I'm sure I am not including everyone or everything, but as I drink my morning coffee, these things are fresh in my memory.

Thank you for everything, you guys are like a giant extended family, and I really appreciate all you did for us all. (I'm sure I did not include all names from each "camp" that made it happen, but I thank you also.)

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I enjoyed seeing old friends and meeting some new folks but to be honest I was not impressed with that venue.

Getting stuck was my fault but some good solid foundation on the main roads would be helpful.

The facilities left a lot to be desired also (bathrooms nasty).:roll:

Maybe I am spoiled by Durhamtown but I probably won't make the trip north again.

If I owned He!! and Haspin I would live in He!! and rent Haspin out.:p
Wreckerman, it was a pleasure to meet you, and thanks for autographing the photo, she's going to flip, or kick my rump!

There's no question about the facilities lacking.......well, everything. But to the majority of their clientele, it's probably a palace! I'd guess that the owners would prefer to provide better accomodations but they'd just get trashed by low-lifes that just don't care. I have to add though, the staff is always kind and courteous, and provide food, beverages, and ice at reasonable prices.
I'd certainly chip in for porta-johns, and wash stations for our use. I didn't try the SS shower but I hear it's the cat's, or possum's ass!

Last edited:

bugwugger

that sounds great! August works for me before school starts back up. I know of at least 5 trucks so far. You should start a new thread for this and get it rolling.

212sparky

that sounds great! August works for me before school starts back up. I know of at least 5 trucks so far. You should start a new thread for this and get it rolling.

I know i am up for another "mini rally" at haspin later this summer and JSRIOLO would also come.

Sevin7

Four out of every 365 days is not enough Haspin. I am almost certianly down for as many weekend long mini rallies as we can schedule. A rally over a weekend shouldn't impact kids going to school. For us locals, it's easier to justify the short trip for just two days.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks