• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin information/dates/attendance

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got hit with jury duty as well and postponed it twice and then they didn't want me.

I'm sure that the Haspin Rally will be over by July.

:)

Wolf.Dose

I'm bored with reading me throught all the statements, anyway I did read most of them. I for my side see the following result, which everyone going to MV meeting should know in advance:
1. Bring all the shelter you probably need by yourself!
2. Bring all the food you might need by yourself (If you forgot something do not complain.).
3. Bring all the baverage you might need by yourelf. Care for the cooling yourself!
4. If you are not willing to respect the before mentioned roules you better stay home.
5. Be ready to go to a Sibirian toilet, using two stiks (no details from my side).

I survive on these roules on MV since over 30 years. If the organisation supplies more than the minimum mentioned above, it is a successful MV meeting.
If you are not willing to accept these roules, stay home!
By the way, in winter meetings # 3 is the opposite, else the baverages will freese to unusable. Military food warmer countainers will keep baverages unfrosen, however cool (sometimes too coll) between 10 to 20 degree minus. For a bottle of Schnaps, minus 20 is a good temperature to start with a cold bottle and finish several hours later. The bottle is empty and your hang over is limited (Drink slowly!!!).
# 5 in winter meetigs might produce this or that problem.
Wolf

tm america

i will be leaving out wed after work and heading home sun morning.... food who got food.?. You know i get hungry.I will probably be bringing one or two with me...

jsriolo

Hey Spark ! I'm not hearing from anybody else about friday morning convoy,
I'm figuring leaving cinti about 8am maybe you and I could meet at 275/74 junction or thereabouts 9ish ? PM me if'n you wanna

Anybody else out there in MV land goin through then???

testing.........1........2..........3..........

is this thing on?

:jumpin:
ok that works i have another friend that is going to be following me as well. let me talk with him and figure all this out.
Unless Sparky knows someone else with a Deuce I am that friend. I have friday off SO I'm good for a convoy!

Also, on a somewhat unrelated topic - If anyone has troop seats, bows, or canvas please bring it to Haspin and we can make a deal!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone going from Ohio on Wednesday

I don't know of anybody going on Wednesday; but Myself (hopefully), the entire Thompson clan, and several other members are meeting up on Thursday Morning and heading out.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crossing my fingers that I can go, but right now I don't know if I have the cash to do it. It would cost $300 in fuel alone to get there, and that's in the civvy truck, not to mention food, babysitter for the tyke, entry fees, etc. I'll cross my fingers if it will help, but it's awfully hard to type up job applications when fingers are crossed.

Matt1970M35A

Hi all! Ill be their to this year. Looked as if I was not going to off work. But now I can. :grin:
Ps any body got a bottom rear drag link ? I kind of maybe broke one.

Last edited:

ccequipment

Looks like I am going to RR army depot that week to pick up 13 trucks, hope to be back in time to make it over at least for the weekend. My fate rest in the hands of GL

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I am definitely out. I was hoping to sell a couple higher end items over here to fund the trip, but no buyers, and even if I did in the next week I have some other bills coming due that are priority. Wish things were better on this end, but until I get a J O B I can't rationalize spending money I don't have to trek to Haspin this year.

Have a great time, folks. Take lots of pics.

davey8943

SS Members!

I am looking for a medium tow bar, and will likely need it shortly after Haspin. Does anyone attending have one for sale, or rent (with reasonable deposit of course...)?

I have found a couple heavy tow bars, that will work in a pinch, but would like to find a medium to purchase from a member if possible!

I bought an M109A3 out of Campbell, and would like to tow it home. EUC submitted last Friday, and it sounds like EUC's have been moving much quicker recently.

cell -- (270) nine nine three 5560

Thanks
Dave

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, My trip to Haspin starts tomorrow. I am moving the M814 "Long Easy" from it's spot in my backyard to Ferro's place for loading. The next leg will be from Ferro's place to Asheville on Tuesday, and hook up with Neil H for the run though Tennessee and Kentucky to Haspin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks