• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Haspin pic/video thread

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I am all the way on the left... that is GIMP BUTT AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh
Just goes to show you, a bad pic of my butt is better than a good pic of your face!

hdexpert

yep

Again anything can be used as a suppository

Look I had to get involved and take charge of two recoveries both at night. One was after 20 min of people climbing all over a truck and not finding the coolant leak. When I jumped in it took less then 2 min to find the heater hose got chewed up in the fan. All that while pictures being flashed all over the place. I left it alone.

The second was after some person hooked the 5 ton winch cable up to a 4 inch tree and dropped it on the truck.
When things start to get stupid I have no problem jumping in and taking over to make sure no one gets hurt.

When you are trying to recover 20K plus pound truck on a side slope in the mud you don't need some high power flash going on if your eye ball. That was just 100% stupid.

I believe that if that person did that to the average Joe and not a SS member they would have there rear beat.

We are not mad, angry, hold a grudge. We live and let live. We would like to see the pictures and feel free to post if you so wish.
Amen brother, well said!!!

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished unloading the "Long Easy" and getting some stuff done around the house for the missus. I have to go to bed in 20 minutes, so I can bore holes though the night, so pictures will be forth coming.
Had a great time, even though I didn't have anything to drive on the trails. I always wondered about "Haspin Mud" until I had to get Wreckerman unstuck Saturday morning. I now know that haspin mud is just something else.
We(Adam, Angie, Neil and I) made it home safe in the wee hours of Monday morning. Just for kicks, here is the info off the Garmin:
Top Speed : 57 MPH
Moving Avg: 43.9 MPH
Over all Avg: 33.9 MPH
Moving time: 13:22
Stopped Time 3:57
Total time : 17:20
Garmin Mileage: 587.44 miles Haspin to Aiken SC
Fuel used- 90 gallons, for a MPG 6.52.
Each vehicle in the convoy needed attention- Ferro's for a fuel line, Neils for a loose lugnut, and EMD's for a clogged fuel filter/air in the line.:jumpin:

...my boys will gladly concede giving credit to Gimpy for the Haspin Rally butt hair mohawk; however, we would like the Haspin Rally "traditional" mohawk tradition to spread!

We had an absolute blast! This was our longest camping trip to date and the longest time the boys were away from mom (although I'm not so sure she wasn't replaced x 3 by Amy and Michelle and Chris's wife Nancy while we were stuck!)...yet none of us were ready to leave Sunday morning.

We missed out on a few rides and dinners with everyone this year because the boys were mostly interested in riding quads, but this was truly a great event - it seems to get better every year! Thanks to everyone for making this event what it is!

Also, thanks to everyone who helped us out when we slid into the hole that tried to swallow us in the M37!

...I apologize in advance for having most of my pics centered around 3 subjects!

We already can't wait till next year!

- DB and side-kicks

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even though I got back yesterday, I waited until this morning to unload. That trip will knock the crap outta ya. I finally got the mulberry wine washed off of the tent, dried in the sun and folded back up and put away. I can't stand to put the tent away wet or damp, even though it is mold and mildew resistant. And I sure didn't want those berries to stain it too bad. Having the shade for the tent was great, but I don't think I'll be parking it under that tree again next year.

hdmax

If you are referring to when I wrenched the 1009, that was no problem, but the shear pin didn't much care for the sudden jerk when you was trying to help then lost traction.
For future reference, whenever being wrenched just put the truck in neutral and let the wench truck do the work. With that said, I have several pins, and now the truck is so clean, I can see to correct color, so replacing the shear pin was easy, and quick.
Thanks to Levi for being the photographer on this recovery.

Guess I will post for the first time. But I had a blast. Super fun weekend! Thanks to the guys that pulled my m1009 up the big hill.

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still waiting for someone to post up some pics of our Friday night ride. The ones where my headlights went swimming in the mud hole....LOL

That ride and that hole should have made for some good pics!

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We put the steering box in Littlefoots truck this afternoon. I came back to Cincy and pulled it out of the unit we are restobobbing. Then went back and installed it Also had to repair a broken injection pump line.

We really want to thank Nick and his wife and Doug, you are the man. And a big thanks to Kip and the others that helped with the tree removal. Thanks also to The fellas in the USMC deuce who tried to help winch us. I know I am missing others to thank Like Docfarmall who tried to find us a steering box. To everyone else I have missed THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

This was Littlefoot and my first time at a SS rally but not our last.

Dave I hope your thumb gets better.

Ted (My wife and I were in the Green Side by Side That went every where the deuces went. We now call it the Micro deuce.[thumbzup]
Thanks Ted I went to the Med Check early Sunday and it's not broke.

littlefoot

I had an absolute blast. even though i broke a dog bone wich was no biggie thanks to djones and gunit, but the broken steering gear box was a chore. but with the help of gunit ,djones and 197thhc,chris and nick, and every body else i made it home under my own power. Thanks for hangin in there guys. I would go wheelin in the woods with them any time any place . Will have awsome pics soon.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
well I have a few.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like to add that I think it's great that the children attended. They seemed like they had a great time!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tom, I have noticed that every time our group gets together, to tackle an issue, not only is it fun to work together but, we all get a chance to learn a bit from each other (and about each other). That is priceless. It really isn't work, when it's fun!

This was also the case with Matts dogbone replacement. I learned a new trick(from Westy). I enjoyed watching the kids watch and help. The mission was a success because everyone lent a hand, in some way.

We are a great group.

I agree DH. The collective amount of knowledge in the group is endless and priceless!