• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Western WA Dec. Rally, Graham, WA

What date works best for the Dec Rally? (Select all availabe dates please)

• Sat, Dec 10th

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sun, Dec 11th

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sun, Dec 18th

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • another day (please let me know which one)

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wsucougarx

Ok, I'm bringing 6 lbs of smoked turkey, a little smoked pull pork, and some leftover prime rib from tonight. Someone want bring rolls or something?
Wow, this doesn't sound like a mini rally anymore. Sounds like a feast. Can I get a take out? Now I just need to find someone to deliver it to Aberdeen;-)

Firehound

For you folks convoying from the park and ride, when you get down on 7 shortly after it narrows down to 2 lanes, there is a welding shop on the left with a horrific Humvee on dually axles and jacked 6' in the air. A 5 ton with a gun mount alternates with a dice in the driveway... Take a look!

Amer-team

You guys have fun. Last run with the M54, 3 MPG. But that was better than the HEMMET variation I spent time with in the parade this evening. that isn't the reason I am not going, too many pre Christmas wife projects. Got in two green runs today, so used up my limit for the weekend. :(

I will do a regular thread, but it looks like the last Saturday of March, there will be a military show at the Olympic Flight musuem again. If you guys would like to make this a run, she will block off their small front parking lot for MV only parking. I have to talk with the lady at the Museum again and will get an official notice up.

jets1959

Thank you Firehound for hosting a great little mini rally. We need to do this sort of thing more often. I wish my place was big enough. More people could easily come and everyone who did had a good time.:beer::driver:

AaronW

You took that hill like a boss with that truck. I was pretty impressed.
Me too. That was the first significant hill I have climbed with it. I was kind of testing it to see what it could do. I'm very impressed with the seat of the pants feel of power it has. I thought the 250 would be more of a dog. It just stays right at peak power as the auto downshifts. Nice and seamless. I'm sure a heavy load would slow it down! Time to hook up a heavy trailer and test it out. What it lacks in top end, it seems to make up in torque.

Your deuce is no slouch either. I would not be surprised to learn your fuel has been turned up a little.

Firehound

I'd say Jan, but I have a little one due around then so I cant host... I'd love to make this a monthly deal, but I can't commit to Jan... I'd hate to kick y'all out to run to the delivery room!!

Here's the pics I shot:

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r175/firehound4035/Military Vehicles/IMAG0589.jpg

Military Vehicles :: IMAG0588.jpg picture by firehound4035 - Photobucket

And here's that CUCV with a personnel style top... I'm beginning to think bad things about that one for a camper...

Military Vehicles :: IMAG0582.jpg picture by firehound4035 - Photobucket

64c30

Sorry I missed out. Too much Christmas stuff going on. I'd have given Aaron some competition for the one finger steering with "pinky steering" :-D

Anybody interested in a long bed M814 5 ton? Am looking at something else, but don't want to jinx it 'til it's parked outside the house.

scoutmanadam

looks like you guys had a great time, wish there were more members on this side to do some small rallys with. i just dont have the room. i will watch for the next one on your side and try to make it work

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks