• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Fall Haspin Rally 2

What date works best for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally

• October 5, 6, the morning of 7

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 12, 13, the morning of 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 19, 20, the morning of 21

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Durango_USMC

A guy coming toward me fell asleep and came into my lane. I tried to go around him but he got a wheel off the road and woke up. He jerked back on and I ende up Tboning him in the drivers side. Flipped his trailblazer and killed my jeep :-(

Glad you're alright though. I've seen vehicles with less damage and the driver didn't make it or ended up in a coma or paralyzed. I was sitting in traffic one day and just happened to look up and there was a loud bang, followed by a vehicle flipping through the air. Well I know a bit of first aid and all so I get over and get out and there is this little blue jeep liberty laying on its roof in the intersection. Fresh large red spots/smears on the pavement nearby and a chevy 3500 crew cab with some light front end damage.

The chevy never stopped (didn't even brake) for the red light and t boned the jeep sending it flying. The driver of the jeep was awake, concious, and was able to undo her belt and crawl towards us out of the rear of the vehicle. I was amazed by this, I now own a jeep liberty that I let my GF drive as her DD.

As for checking in... I have no MV's and unless I get a bank loan (not likely) I wont be getting one before Haspin. I do however now have an '04 Arctic Cat 4x4 to run about. Its just a 250 needs some work (and is going to take a lot of getting used to) and a good cleaning but I'll be bringing that down there.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Jeremyk5 may not have the k5 ready for haspin, the head gasket did not hold or totally fix the problem. He is still burning coolant. So he maybe rocken the burb again or hitching a ride. We are going to try a couple more repair tricks before we give up totally on the blazer, but if we cant get her fixed up then they will still be coming out to camp in the m105s and to enjoy the company.

LindsayMaeK

Glad you're alright though. I've seen vehicles with less damage and the driver didn't make it or ended up in a coma or paralyzed. I was sitting in traffic one day and just happened to look up and there was a loud bang, followed by a vehicle flipping through the air. Well I know a bit of first aid and all so I get over and get out and there is this little blue jeep liberty laying on its roof in the intersection. Fresh large red spots/smears on the pavement nearby and a chevy 3500 crew cab with some light front end damage.

The chevy never stopped (didn't even brake) for the red light and t boned the jeep sending it flying. The driver of the jeep was awake, concious, and was able to undo her belt and crawl towards us out of the rear of the vehicle. I was amazed by this, I now own a jeep liberty that I let my GF drive as her DD.

As for checking in... I have no MV's and unless I get a bank loan (not likely) I wont be getting one before Haspin. I do however now have an '04 Arctic Cat 4x4 to run about. Its just a 250 needs some work (and is going to take a lot of getting used to) and a good cleaning but I'll be bringing that down there.
I'm definitely a Jeep fan for life after my wreck. It looks bad, but it held up better than it was supposed to.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Not meaning to take away from the wonderful thoughts here of things we all eat for breakfest in the mornings, mine is usually a small can of pringles and 44oz of cola, but switching thoughts I think I'm going to spread my dads ashes at haspin this year. He passed away three years ago this coming christmas and I always told him one day I would show him what off roading really was all about, his view was always that offroading meet you where going to break things and try to tare up the trucks. I never got to show him first hand what true offroading was all about so I think this is the year and even I'll show him. I'm thinking of blowing his ashes out over this hill and having all the trucks that want to go down it one at a time, to show him that we all find friends and new family in the strangest of places. :cry:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks