• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Fall Haspin Rally 2

What date works best for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally

• October 5, 6, the morning of 7

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 12, 13, the morning of 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 19, 20, the morning of 21

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

augiedoggy

Cool, hope we can get a few more......will make it more fun, and easy to communicate when night running.
Hopefully the whole camp will be trail riding!
But alas, I don't have a CB.............
I could use smoke signals to communicate
if my belt driven Internet generator thingy doesn't work.........ha.........ha?

Is anyone bringing a welder in case somebody separates a dogbone?
Sparky?

eagle4g63

I got a 220 stick welder!!!!! will that be big enough?? Don't know if Sparky's generator will be big enough to run it though.....it is only a trailer-able sized one:razz:

Durango_USMC

eagle,

In regards tot he CB. I may try to pick up a handheld. Being as I am MV'less and running around on a quad, it might be a bit handier. But good Comms go a long way into success... especially when I get stuck in the little quad in some 53" rut.... in first gear..... and in reverse :gimp:

eagle4g63

Durango.............I couldn't agree with you more about good coms..........at the spring rally there was a mess up and the night run party got split up.........what a mess.........the other reason I am thinking of setting up a base CB at camp so anyone there can hear and talk to the convoys!!!

Durango_USMC

I'm up...........awake is a stretch!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been up all night attempting to get this quad in better shape than it's in now... and back into one piece (I'm not done with tear down) Its starting to look like my first frame off restoration. Just practice for my first MV right?

BTW... I just love standing water in headlights....

I'll be picking up a decent handheld CB if I can find one thats affordable. It probably wont sound great by any means but I should be able to communicate pretty well. I'm also working on something for illumination so my little quad wont end up getting picke dout of the grill of someones 5 ton when I finally figure out how to put it in 5th gear and zip around yall.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Yup, the budget is mighty lean this go around..... So hopefully I'll be able to get it all done.
I have two hand held units and one camo can mounted one. You can have one of the hand held ones for 20 bucks, been used three of for times, and have spent the rest of the time sitting next to my bed side on my night stand, I gave 40 for each one new out of the box.