• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Fall Haspin Rally 2

What date works best for the 2012 Fall Haspin Rally

• October 5, 6, the morning of 7

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 12, 13, the morning of 14

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • October 19, 20, the morning of 21

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Durango_USMC

Fuel tank cleaned
racks are getting stripped for cleaning and refinishing (I really need to invest in a shop air system)
Some general maintenance and cleaning done
Headlight Fluid drained
getting the list together for a parts order (ugh... there goes my paycheck)

Air intake cleaned (NO MORE FURRY WOODLAND CRITTER NESTS! :deadhorse:)

If you're available next weekend I can take a look at those radios and pick one out. and maybe I'll have this little beast up and running enough to swing by for a quick go through. pulled quite a bit of sediment out of the tank so the carb definitely will need going through.

Last edited:

Durango_USMC

Its a bit of a rebuild.... Wont be the prettiest thing to run Haspin (dont have time to completely pull it off the frame for sanding and painting) but it should be good enough to get the job done.I need to somewhat put it back together and jack up the front so I can clear out the spark arrestor. If I can gorilla stomp this bumper back into alignment thatd save me $80 some odd dollars too. I still cant believe they wanted 14.95 a bulb for replacement bulbes on my headlights. So I'll be hunting those up locally found em cheap on ebay though.

Does anyone know of anything that I dont have to order to refurbish the lens on my headlights?

Indy,

You probably have more tooling than I do at this point it I can always haul it over there. I'm probably going to get a whole new set of tires if I can.

212sparky

Who wants lights??? And plugs? and Fiber optic cable? I have a crap load of the stuff. back to Haspin talk. I want mud!!!!! Lots and lots of MUD!!!!!!!!!!!! Who has a pressure washer?

augiedoggy

Yeah Sparky! Mud!! Can't wait. What about the CB radio idea?
Even around camp they could be handy. Still not sure if we can hear them
in the trucks; but I think it's a good idea. :whistle:

212sparky

Yeah Sparky! Mud!! Can't wait. What about the CB radio idea?
Even around camp they could be handy. Still not sure if we can hear them
in the trucks; but I think it's a good idea. :whistle:
Not sure about CB radios but how about fiber optic communications between the trucks. I also have 20 KM of phone cable. aua

augiedoggy

Not sure about CB radios but how about fiber optic communications between the trucks. I also have 20 KM of phone cable. aua
That fiber optic cable would work great with my belt driven Internet generator;
if I can ever make that work.........lol

With all that stuff Rob, what are future rallies going to be like?
Land lines throughout haspin?
Hi speed Internet in mud puddles?
Streaming live video from ferros m818 of death?

Durango_USMC

Who wants lights??? And plugs? and Fiber optic cable? I have a crap load of the stuff. back to Haspin talk. I want mud!!!!! Lots and lots of MUD!!!!!!!!!!!! Who has a pressure washer?
Sparky... My handle on here is Durango_USMC I'd like to not change it to "spot" "lefty" "Gimpy2.0" or something there abouts. 5tons weight a lot and trees come out of nowhere in the dark. So I need lights to see the mud, trees, and someones high centered MV. And so yall dont run me over.:grd:

So... who's taking their MV swimming this trip?

augiedoggy

Sparky... My handle on here is Durango_USMC I'd like to not change it to "spot" "lefty" "Gimpy2.0" or something there abouts. 5tons weight a lot and trees come out of nowhere in the dark. So I need lights to see the mud, trees, and someones high centered MV. And so yall dont run me over.:grd:

So... who's taking their MV swimming this trip?
Durango, just follow Sparkys deuce around at night, he lights up the trail like daytime!
We drive around really slow, so if you hear us coming you've got 10 minutes to get out of the way!:cool:

eagle4g63

You guys miss me yet?

Light? did some one say lights?!?!?

Send me pics!!!

Also with the cb, I can hear mine in the truck.........of course I have an external speaker mounted in the cab corner above my head. Like I said I will be bringing another one with my base antenna..........I think the antenna itself is either 18' or 28' can't remember........that's without the mast:shock:

Now........back to vacation.........don't be bugging me......:cool:

gungearz

Sparky, why do you think he said he's on vacation...? He's tenting out in the backyard and the wife won't let him in to charge his laptop. He's very minimal on solar charging. Also, his radio is putting out more power then the average CB I think he was talking about coast to coast and yea, he's really on vacation and trying to stay low key with the laptop from the misses... How's everything else over here been....?