• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**2012 Florida Richloam MV Rally**

stalker

Guys we have a situation here......

OK, it is getting very close to the event weekend and we are having issues with ticket sales vs. cost of rally. Let me explain.
Vinny and I ran projections for this years rally off of last years ticket sales and were able to rent the campgrounds for the same price as last year, but unfortunately because of economy, stock market, end of the world later this year?, or just life in general ticket sales have been low so far. The event big or small is still going to take place, but cost may change. Again let me explain.
We have negotiated a discounted price for campground rental based on volume(space in campgrounds) and number of days/nights. This price does not change regardless of whether 2 people come or two hundred. If we do not get at least enough ticket sales to cover the rental of property then the pricing goes back to their regular rates of $22 per night for RV(power site) or $15 per night(no power) plus $5 for each addition person per site. And obviously they are not going to cook and feed us for those prices either. This is one of the two reasons we need ticket purchases ahead of time and the other is food purchase.
So here is where we are at and Vinny and I need everyone's input on this. We have had alot of folks wanting to pay at the time of the event because of work or home or expense which are all understandable but incompatable with the conditions we are working with. This is more a call to action than anything else. As a group we need to decide where this is giong. The event is designed to bring like-minded people together as often as possible. If we do not get enough ticket sales by early next week to cover the campground rental then the event will be held that weekend, but fees will have to be paid directly to the campground owner at the regular rates and individuals will have to bring their own food. We are just laying out the facts as they stand right now. Please post up with comments, opinions, or ideas as we are all in this together. Please feel free to PM Vinny or I if you do not want to post up publicly.
Thanks for your attention to this matter.

ProMud

This seems like a reasonable request. The $60.00 is a deal, but if its more than It Is What It Is. I will be purchasing my tickets (only 2) after the 15th. (payday:beer:)

FM5332FF

Tim, I will be paying for a full ticket next week., I will Email you for an invoice, You could not beat the price for the amount of fun we will have again this year.:jumpin:

J.Z.

payment

I can pay in advance..Does it matter which day? Sat or Sunday!!PM me payment info please....I will be coming for the day and not camping..thanks..J.Z...

J.Z.

Vacation

I am driving down to Florida with the family Jan17th,,renting a house in Davenport till March 1st..thought I would spend a day and see how you guys do it in Florida..:funny:

flippydidit

Vinny, I'm just up the road from the campsite. We have enough firewood for multiple bonfires, so don't worry about firewood. I still don't have a clear date for my job, so my hands are tied on buying tickets for a little longer.

tjcouch

My girlfriend and I plan to be there and possibly bringing two to four more people for a day or two. We would all be tent camping on the same site and cooking our own food. Is there a ticket option for camping with the group but being self-sufficient for our kibble?

safarihp

Morning

I plan on coming up for the day on Saturday and not sure what I need to pay but more than willing to contribute. Can I just send a paypal over for a day fee. Likely will just be there for a few hours. Drop me a PM and I'll make a donation.

ODDBALL007

payment

I just mailed a money order today for 15.00. Which is 5 dollars a piece for tow4 n AC cages and my self to spend the day
We have our own grub

A

A/C Cages

Oddball, do you have the hickups again? lol Double post there?
Thank you for sending that in for me.

GGimbert

Newb question

I found you guys while searching for replacement fender information regarding my new rust bucket M416 trailer that I got for hauling camping stuff as well as drool on my keyboard about M116 Pioneer Tool Trailers that I can not yet afford. Anyway I stumbled upon this event and would like to attend with the kid. I know my 5 yr old would love to see all the vehicles, as would his old man and we love to camp. We can pitch in for the group food or be self contained, especially since the sites have electricity and water.

So down to business-

1) I have a relatively stock toyota 4wd suv daily driver that I do not want to trash, just like to take it for some mild trail rides without allot of mud or water crossings. Do such opportunities exist at this event or is it all swamp?

2) What are the rules about dogs, are they allowed unleashed? Im a dog lover but my kid is scared of them and you never know what a dog will do away from home and mixing with small kids running around.

3) Most of all is participation generally limited to those with big military vehicles so as not to have to deal with a bunch of clueless gawkers. Don't want to butt in so to speak but this sounds like we would have a good time as a well as a great learning opportunity for my constantly evolving camping/offroad trailer/ cool project distractions.

Thanks,

Greg

flippydidit

Greg,

Paint your Toyota OD green and you'll fit right in. If that's a stretch, then at least get some camo seat covers. Just kidding. I haven't hit the trails there yet. It will be my first year at this rally, but it's about 15 minutes from my house, and there are some serious swamps/mud in that area.

stalker

1) I have a relatively stock toyota 4wd suv daily driver that I do not want to trash, just like to take it for some mild trail rides without allot of mud or water crossings. Do such opportunities exist at this event or is it all swamp?

2) What are the rules about dogs, are they allowed unleashed? Im a dog lover but my kid is scared of them and you never know what a dog will do away from home and mixing with small kids running around.

3) Most of all is participation generally limited to those with big military vehicles so as not to have to deal with a bunch of clueless gawkers. Don't want to butt in so to speak but this sounds like we would have a good time as a well as a great learning opportunity for my constantly evolving camping/offroad trailer/ cool project distractions.

Thanks,

Greg[/QUOTE]

1. The toyota is a capable vehicle for what it is and there are some mild trails out there for the daily driver but a trail that has been mild for a couple of miles can turn ugly all of a sudden and on these tight trails you either turn around or you plunge forward. We are also keeping the trail riding congruent with the event for military vehicles and what they are capable of on and off road. The great thing about our events and participants is that those of us with MVs are always willing to take on passengers. There has never been a time where we did not have plenty of room in the MVs for all who wanted to trail ride.

2. Dogs have never been discussed but a couple have been there in the past. We have always depended on folks to use common sense when it comes to whether they bring their well behaved dog or well behaved child for that matter. We can work it out.

3. We love clueless gawkers as it reminds most of us of how not so far removed we are from them at the moment and if the event spurs your first MV purchase then we can rest easy knowing that there is one more crazy individual out there like us! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks