• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Haspin Fall Rally Head Count

lost in the bush

HI

Actually the store belongs to my business Partner. He use to be on here for a short time as Gruemeyer.

He suggested you all leave earlier in the day so you can all help sort the two Semi trucks of stuff he is picking up from GL on Wed. :razz:.

If 4x4indy is too slow he can hook up Mike's new 923 and drag his tractor souith.

Durango_USMC

Well, regrettably, I think I wont be making it this go around. I just dont have enough stuff together. So I'll be around when ya'll meet up in Indy and I might be in for the convoy down to take a look at a tent. But I'll be heading home friday night, unless some parts magically appear in the mail between now and friday morning. But it's getting pretty doubtful at this point.:|

Had to edit this... but... I'm taking a long shot and just rush ordered some parts to get me going... estimated delivery date says thursday. I wont be running at 100% but... I should be running if I can get the parts in and don't get bit by one of the arachnids living in there.

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
We might be rolling into haspin at 5 or 6 for how slow Nick will be moving...lol.
Its not the going slow that you all have to worry about its the getting stopped. Just stick me at the back of the line and we will do fine.

Convoy signs are dusted off and ready for trucks. Does any of the norther crew have time in the services? I usually like to put the the "Convoy C O" sign on a former service members truck, seams only right.

Last edited:

212sparky

Roads and sidewalks are not safe with you guys rolling through. You northerners near Chicago drive crazy. Then there is the Nick truck that takes longer than a loaded csx train to get going and stop. I will just stick to my mini convoy headed out through Miami Oxford.:beer:

212sparky

That is them. Or as we have here that extra lane seperated by 2' of grass called a bike path. I may or may not have driven down before. :rolleyes:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Wouldn't it be best to hide you in the middle? Do you have plates for your set up as well as license to pull doubbles?
Yep everything is registered, and according to the INDOT office I was talking to as long as I'm using it for personal uses and not to make money I'm cleared to drive the truck with daul trailers with a class "C" licence. Theres NO WEIGHT LIMIT.

Oh and she stops better and faster with the trailer hooked to her. Now getting to fifth gear takes about 10 to 20 miles.

When we get to haspin tho I want to be the last truck up the hill. Mainly because of how slow I'll be crawling up it.

Last edited:

indy4x4fab

Banned
Ok. I want to see you pull the hill and film it:D
I'll send a scoot truck ahead to let you know I'm ready and at the base.

I'm thinking second gear low range, and she should craw the hill just fine, he!! you might be able to walk up the hill in front of me.

Last edited:

Vondy

Do we have an official multimedia person for the trip? I may have a few coming on Sat, we'll have to wait and see. I guess we can take turns on a ride along and get pics.?

eagle4g63

I will have my HD camcorder with a mount for the mirror arm on my truck..............plus my regular camera as usual..........only THIS time I will NOT leave it at camp when we do the night runaua

212sparky

Remember if you run around like a jack @$$ at night taking pictures of every body, you will get shot with potatoes. Just a warning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks