• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Haspin info/dates/attendance

rickf

Nah, it was in Hebron. Across the river from your ol' stompin' grounds -(Gravelrama / Cleves)

WOW, Gravelrama! There is a name I haven't heard for a while." Top of the hill club", 4 years running back in the early 70's.[thumbzup] What ever happened to that affair?

Rick

On edit, I just Googled it and I see it is still going on, the Big Elim does not look as steep or as long as before. Maybe it is just my 40 year old memories.
Sorry for the hijack, he name just brought it back.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Over the hill gang member? Pretty cool. Event still goes on today. I stopped making the journey about 6 years ago. Got tired of pumping money into the club and them not making a single improvement to the grounds. I do miss it a bit but I'll live. Attended my first Gravelrama in 78. Yikes, I'm old.

rbeasley66

So now Rick is going home on free gas? :whistle:
I wish it was that easy, chili in the morning, chili in the evening, chili at supper time :jumpin:

Update: Just pulled into the driveway at home around 0030 hrs and it's 975 miles from Haspin back to Laleland, FL. I had a wonderful time, made some great friends and got water inside the ten09 transmission. Who could have asked for a better week!

Look for my videos, coming soon to a YouTube theater near you.

CW3Topher

I haven't had a chance to post since I made it home from Haspin, we rolled out early on Sunday morning before most everyone was awake. It was really good to see old friends and meet some new ones also. Looking forward to next year!

Special thanks to Gimp and Jeff for helping me change my bad j-pipe, it made the ride home much better. Special thanks to Mitch for the assistance with the crane to lift my bed on and off, what an awesome piece of equipment.

indy4x4fab

Banned
I haven't had a chance to post since I made it home from Haspin, we rolled out early on Sunday morning before most everyone was awake. It was really good to see old friends and meet some new ones also. Looking forward to next year!

Special thanks to Gimp and Jeff for helping me change my bad j-pipe, it made the ride home much better. Special thanks to Mitch for the assistance with the crane to lift my bed on and off, what an awesome piece of equipment.
It was every nice meeting you, too. And the wife loved the look of the super singles on your truck and the fact that she could easy step up in to your truck with out a ladder.

rickf

If you have the strawberry milkshake you might as well tear it down now. It WILL die shortly. The water will steam the clutches off of the plates and it all goes downhill from there. I am surprised you made it home. Just changing the fluid will not work, trust me. It will let you down at the worst time.

Rick

rbeasley66

If you have the strawberry milkshake you might as well tear it down now. It WILL die shortly. The water will steam the clutches off of the plates and it all goes downhill from there. I am surprised you made it home. Just changing the fluid will not work, trust me. It will let you down at the worst time.

Rick
Thanks Rick, I goose necked it up and back the 975 miles one way along with my 205 shelter. I think that is my plan, pull and rebuild it, replace the rear engine seal, replace the rear axle seals and brakes along with the front axle seals while it's up on stands. Might as well get it ready for the Georgia Rally in Oct.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks