• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SoCal Fall Desert Rally

offroadrunner

Hundy,

If the front Deuce bumper includes the shackle-mounts/tow-bar hookup-mounts and the brackets that mount the bumper to the frame, I could use that. Mine have been welded over when they put on the custom tow-bar points for the movie-camera-truck.

Cheers,

Cycletek

Meeting up with Gottlos this morning at 10am my shop, then we are heading out Sierra Hwy to Palmdale then we will grab the 14 north to Mojave then east on 58 to Hinckley Rd. north to our BLM cut off approx. 7 miles north of Santa Fe Ave. Be in the Hinckley area around noon.........channel 25 for those with CB radios

:driver:

100dollarman

Hundy,

If the front Deuce bumper includes the shackle-mounts/tow-bar hookup-mounts and the brackets that mount the bumper to the frame, I could use that. Mine have been welded over when they put on the custom tow-bar points for the movie-camera-truck.

Cheers,
Hey Bob- It will have the shackle mounts for sure, not sure if I have frame mounts, but IF I do they will be included--(I'll ck in 1 hr.) Do you want one even if I dont have the frame mts?

Guys- I'll be leaving by about 10-1030am if you want anything on the truck!

Blendmaster2002

Ok Guys, Things have changed, I will be attending for the day today once I get a few things taken care of, But not with any of my Military trucks. My Dad will be with me, so we will be heading out in my gray z71 Chevy Crew cab.:grin:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok Guys, Things have changed, I will be attending for the day today once I get a few things taken care of, But not with any of my Military trucks. My Dad will be with me, so we will be heading out in my gray z71 Chevy Crew cab.:grin:

What day are you going up?

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Advance team went up Thursday. People have been reporting to the AOR all day today as well. My team rolls in 9 hours.

USMC91

Well, ...that was a short lived plan. Turns out my bike hauler has a dead bottle-jack, so I've got no way to haul the bike out. :(

Hopefully I can catch up next time!!!

trukhead

Tank for Lex- check.

I also have available-
CARC white primer gal $25ea
CARC Tan paint gal $25 ea
hardener Pt $25 ea
90% 9.00-20 NDCC on deuce wheel $75
Hand held 'main' packs $10 (I'll bring some regardless)
Front duece bumper $40
Ill bring an extra radiator-- someone should snag these up for $100 ea!

I'd like a couple of gallons of tan CARC with hardener.
I have to figure out a way to get it to Wisconsin.

If you guys go out to the desert next year, I'd like to tag along with my MV. I always wanted to see the desert besides from the highway.

Need to figure out how to get the M35A3 out there and back, maybe flat bed it, maybe drive it. don't know yet.:)

100dollarman

Anyone that is thinking of going or 'on the fence' SHOULD GO!

AWESOME group of guys! Camp is accessible via car or truck.

I was out there today--- heading back out in the Jeep in the am---

Great spot too! THX to FASTNOVA- for the scouting!

SEE YOU GUYS TOMORROW!:beer:

Attachments

100dollarman

i'd like a couple of gallons of tan carc with hardener.
I have to figure out a way to get it to wisconsin.

If you guys go out to the desert next year, i'd like to tag along with my mv. I always wanted to see the desert besides from the highway.

Need to figure out how to get the m35a3 out there and back, maybe flat bed it, maybe drive it. Don't know yet.:)

come get it! Lol:)

Blendmaster2002

Just got back a little while ago, here is the scene at the Fall Desert Rally, really cool meeting everyone, great group of people. We (me and my dad) went out for the day, we have somewhere to go tomorrow but hope to be able to go back out late after noon tomorrow. My dad shot some photos and everyone loves photos so here you go! Pictures show the road to camp which was well marked and some of who’s there and what’s going on.:)

Attachments

USMC91

Well guys, I tried! Even as I type, I'm sitting in my FJ Cruiser on the BLM road mentioned in the earlier post.

...I couldn't find you guys to save my life. 45 minutes exploring in my truck, and 2 hours in the dirt bike! lol.

I'm heading back to the barn, would have been nice to meet some of you though. Maybe next time!

If anyone gets this soon and wants to call with directions, I'd live to swing by and say hi. 3ten 9 oh 9 nine one 98

Cheers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks