• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SPRING DUST OFF (midwest mini rally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_L

Good show - saved a lot of bucks and got to see a bunch of familiar faces and meet some new ones. Thanks to Nick and John for getting this thing going again.

Durango_USMC

If it had a tan cab and green bed that was me. We are behind the building.
I'm pretty sure it was. Wish I could've found you guys. But I did get to see two vehicles I really really wanted to see. the two V-100 types sitting along the north fence. I've never seen one in person and I have to admit, even in their condition I would still love to own one or both and I dont think I have ever been so motivated to want to restore anything in my life. They're awesome! The owner is a very lucky individual.

Do you mean these guys? They were pretty awesome close up as well. I had trouble finding the way to get in too, but luckily I figured out that the open gate to the south of the museum was the way in.

I especially was amazed to find that the owner of this museum had scored a tank trainer; I think they were called a UCOFT device. I remember a British company had won a contract to furnish these trainers to the US Army. One was even installed in an out building at my Reserve Center in Milwaukee in the 1980s to assist the troops to keep their 19E/19K skills up to scratch.

Attachments

rwbrown72

Here are a few photos from the event. Had a great time and fried my alternator on the way home, but made it home just the same! Tired and clean from a hot shower. Now food and sofa.
:beer:

Attachments

coop

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for feeding us the good hot meal. We made a donation to the musium in your name. It was nice meeting you guys and enjoyed checking out your outstanding vehicles! I hope we get together again later this summer.
Maybe the weather will cooperate next time.

Fred and Christy Cooper
(M1009 with the radios)

Durango_USMC

Do you mean these guys? They were pretty awesome close up as well. I had trouble finding the way to get in too, but luckily I figured out that the open gate to the south of the museum was the way in.

I especially was amazed to find that the owner of this museum had scored a tank trainer; I think they were called a UCOFT device. I remember a British company had won a contract to furnish these trainers to the US Army. One was even installed in an out building at my Reserve Center in Milwaukee in the 1980s to assist the troops to keep their 19E/19K skills up to scratch.
I was on a bit of a time crunch too so that didn't help my cause very much... I ended up getting extremely busy when I got back to Indy. But yes those are the ones! I troll through the V-100 forum here more than anything else. I think I need to get ahold of the owner and maybe he'd let me help out when or if they restore them or maybe even purchase one to restore (I know, I'm dreaming on that one :( my profession never makes a lot of money) even my fiance liked them and said she'd pitch in too.

But if you guys plan another one and let me know where to go (ie behind the museum) I'll definitely make it up there again.

Here are a few photos from the event. Had a great time and fried my alternator on the way home, but made it home just the same! Tired and clean from a hot shower. Now food and sofa.
:beer:
Thanks gor taking the pictures and sharing them here:beer:

Last edited:

Tweeter166

Banned
I'm pretty sure it was. Wish I could've found you guys. But I did get to see two vehicles I really really wanted to see. the two V-100 types sitting along the north fence. I've never seen one in person and I have to admit, even in their condition I would still love to own one or both and I dont think I have ever been so motivated to want to restore anything in my life. They're awesome! The owner is a very lucky individual.

The US Gov still owns those.. I know cause i wanted to buy 1 but they cant be sold..

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks