• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 SPRING DUST OFF (midwest mini rally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

indy4x4fab

Banned
McClain Military Armor Museum 2330 Crystal Street, Anderson, IN 46012
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

RALLY POINTS FOR CONVEYING

Indiana crew will departing from Bowes Sealfast 7159 east 46th street, at 1700 hours (5:00 pm) friday afternoon, and will be heading north on Shadeland Ave. to 56th street heading east threw the old Fort Harrison (former U.S. Army fort), to US 36 turning left on to US 36, all the way to the museum. 1 hour 30 min travel time at top speeds of 45 mph to 55 mph. Passing threw 3 small towns perfect for picture taking. I'll have convey signs for the lead truck, CO (djones), and tail truck.

Michigan crew: ?

Ohio crew: ?

Illinois crew: 802dot1q and Rwbrown72 will likely be heading up from Mount Vernon, IL. The route will be I-57 to I-70, departure times will be posted at a later date.

April 27-29 2012, We will be having a mini rally to dust the old girls off and blow the cobwebs out of the tail pipes, at the Anderson Military Museum, kind of a bib-wack. I have been chatting with the owner and he's willing to open up the museum and the large three acre feild next the museum for us to meet at. He's very exited to have us out for the weekend.

Any takers?
I'll be meeting with John the owner of the museum in two weeks as well as me and Aubrey will be getting free person tour of the museum, and be having a sit down to work out the final details. There will also be a swap meet held on Saturday and Sunday as well. Friday night will be mainly a closed to the public setup and privet viewing of the museum for all of those how attend the event. there will be a small entry fee for vendors, and those how attend will have to pay a small fee for two get in on Saturday and Sunday, how ever if you show up with a MV or one in tow I'll try to get him to drop the gate fee for those that show up on Saturday or Sunday. We still have several details to work out but, anyone and every one is invited from Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and further if you want to make the drive.
Sounds like a good weekend trip!
Indy,

Do you have any more details on this? I am trying to figure out all the weekends i need off for the next 4 months.

Thanks,
Rob
April 27-29 2012 are set in stone for this spring dust off rally, john (the owner) has been quite busy this past fall do to the high winds he had to replace nearly 75% of the roof at the museum because the winds where pealing the roof off in secision of 10 and 20 panels at a time. Al-tho I have talked to him now twice scene then and he's really looking forward to having us there. But I'm set to meet with him here in the next month to finish up the last of the detail.

Update: Yes we have 17 acres of wooded privet property behind the museum to camp on in out mv's or beside, as well as there's a 6 ft. chain link fence all the way around the property with barb wire across the top to keep the not so nice people out. The plan is that Friday night as well as Saturday night we are planning on closing the main gate at mid-night or so to keep passer bis from just walking in, but there will be port-a-lets brought in for the rally as well as well water is available on sight as well. the museum and all there staff are looking forward to having us and are planning on running one of there APC's around the museum as well as a full on swap meet, we are looking to see if we can get a couple of the local Bar-B-Q shacks to come for the even as well. There will be and has been confirmed two complete O.D. Green ham stations set up on sight as well.

Track me down at the even and I'll show any one how wants to learn how to mount and dis-mount tires from two piece rims as well as how to repair tire tubes.

The museum hasn't held an even of this size in 5 years so they are pulling out most of the stops. This will should fun.

Update: You and jkrieg should get along just fine. He will have his m35a2 with s200 com shelter set up with his 25 ft and 35 ft antennas fully diploid. As well as one of his other O.D. Green ham guys will have his full com tent diploid as well.

Update: All members and there family will get in free, venders that want a booth space will be charged $40.00 for there space. There will be a donation bucket / box for anyone how wants to thank the museum and there staff for hosting use and allowing use to all have a great time for that weekend. Food will be available for purchase, or you are more then welcome to bring your own. John the owner is going to be giving two lucky members a chance to take a ride around the museum on saturday after noon in his m114 apc, the lucky two member will be picked from a drawing held at 5:00 pm. Tickets for the drawing are $5.00, do to the fact it only gets 2 miles to the gal. of gas, and ours has a 327 SBC in it instead of the original 283 SBC.

Last edited:

coop

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best news I've gotten all winter. I passed the word to some of my other buddies and we will be there for sure. I miss the old rally/swap meet they use to have at the museum. It was always a good place to buy, sell, trade and barter. I have a little work to do on the deuce before then but plan to drive it up along with the M1009 and the XM37 custom of which might be for sell. Also got a working 10KW gas generator with or without the trailer for sell I might take. Guess I' le have to dig through all my other green stash for the swap meet. If any of you guys have Vietnam era green or ham radios / antenna gear for sale or trade let me know. Definitely looking forward to a good time with all of you! John's a good friend and will definitely make us at home.
coop

zuess253

This sounds like a great time. Just to make certain this is the one in Anderson IN right? Also will they let us camp out in our a MV? I think its a 9-10 hour drive for us but it's ok cause I have the wife's approval. :-D

hcso1988

Newer MV owner here. Got the truck last Oct and it is actually at a buddies house in Anderson. I will make sure to keep tabs on this post but you can count me in!! Look forward to meeting some fellow MV owners here in Indiana! I thought we might be few and far between in this lovely state :beer:

indy4x4fab

Banned
This sounds like a great time. Just to make certain this is the one in Anderson IN right? Also will they let us camp out in our a MV? I think its a 9-10 hour drive for us but it's ok cause I have the wife's approval. :-D
Yes we have 17 acres of wooded privet property behind the museum to camp on in out mv's or beside, as well as there's a 6 ft. chain link fence all the way around the property with barb wire across the top to keep the not so nice people out. The plan is that Friday night as well as Saturday night we are planning on closing the main gate at mid-night or so to keep passer bis from just walking in, but there will be port-a-lets brought in for the rally as well as well water is available on sight as well. the museum and all there staff are looking forward to having us and are planning on running one of there APC's around the museum as well as a full on swap meet, we are looking to see if we can get a couple of the local Bar-B-Q shacks to come for the even as well. There will be and has been confirmed two complete O.D. Green ham stations set up on sight as well.

Track me down at the even and I'll show any one how wants to learn how to mount and dis-mount tires from two piece rims as well as how to repair tire tubes.

The museum hasn't held an even of this size in 5 years so they are pulling out most of the stops. This will should fun.

Last edited:

Mike_L

Hooray! I'm glad to see something starting back up there again. I can never get enough MV shows in Indiana! Looking forward to it.

See you there.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Best news I've gotten all winter. I passed the word to some of my other buddies and we will be there for sure. I miss the old rally/swap meet they use to have at the museum. It was always a good place to buy, sell, trade and barter. I have a little work to do on the deuce before then but plan to drive it up along with the M1009 and the XM37 custom of which might be for sell. Also got a working 10KW gas generator with or without the trailer for sell I might take. Guess I' le have to dig through all my other green stash for the swap meet. If any of you guys have Vietnam era green or ham radios / antenna gear for sale or trade let me know. Definitely looking forward to a good time with all of you! John's a good friend and will definitely make us at home.
coop
You and jkrieg should get along just fine. He will have his m35a2 with s200 com shelter set up with his 25 ft and 35 ft antennas fully diploid. As well as one of his other O.D. Green ham guys will have his full com tent diploid as well.

indy4x4fab

Banned
Update: All members and there family will get in free, venders that want a booth space will be charged $40.00 for there space. There will be a donation bucket / box for anyone how wants to thank the museum and there staff for hosting use and allowing use to all have a great time for that weekend. Food will be available for purchase, or you are more then welcome to bring your own. John the owner is going to be giving two lucky members a chance to take a ride around the museum on saturday after noon in his m114 apc, the lucky two member will be picked from a drawing held at 5:00 pm. Tickets for the drawing are $5.00, do to the fact it only gets 2 miles to the gal. of gas, and ours has a 327 SBC in it instead of the original 283 SBC.

Last edited:

212sparky

I cant wait for the event! I was their on Saturday and it is an awesome collection!! It will be even better with every body their!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks