• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2012 Wis Motor Vehicle Registration Rights Act

undysworld

VTwin,

the flat nosed Willie's which look's alot like a Pinzgaur
You mean that blue one? Did you read how much the Mopar portal axles alone cost?? Like $21K!?!?! I'll stick with my Pinzgauer, because I could buy 2 whole trucks for less than just that Jeep's axles cost!! But it was cool, just in case they wanted to give one away...

vtwinpilot

Still have not had time to even look into it, I thought it would never see production. fancy toy's for big wallet's I guess....funny how they trot out concept's like that with the only intent to stir up interest. Just the fact that the industry is producing mv clones is ironic considering all the **** the hobby has been put through the last few years.

Last edited:

undysworld

TO ALL,

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR EFFORTS!!

IT'S OFFICIAL. GOV. WALKER SIGNED OUR BILL INTO LAW YESTERDAY. SB-462 is now 2011 Wisconsin Act 235.

AS WE WROTE PREVIOUSLY, WE WILL CONTINUE TO WORK WITH DOT FOR PASSAGE OF THE OTHER PROVISIONS WHICH WERE NOT INCLUDED IN THIS BILL *:
RE-WRITE s.341.10(6) TO REFLECT FEDERAL LAW, SO VEHICLES OLDER THAN 25 YEARS ARE NOT DENIED REGISTRATION FOR LACK OF A CERTIFICATION LABEL.
AMEND COLLECTOR PLATE RULES TO ALLOW FOR MINOR MODIFICATIONS.

STAY TUNED AS THESE CHANGES MOVE FORWARD.

Cheers,
Paul

* NOTE: Based on previous opposition within the HotRod & Modified owners community, we will exclude Hobbyist vehicles from these changes. Please notify us if this is an incorrect understanding of owner's opinions.

SB-462 was signed by the Governor on 4-6-2012 2011 Wisconsin Act 235
Bill History: 2011 Senate Bill 462
Relating to: registration of motor vehicles by the Department of Transportation.

2011 Senate Bill 462

undysworld

DieselBob,
Thanks, but
first battle.
Huh?!?

What about winning DOA Case# TR-08-0027, passage of 2009 Wis. Act 225, defeat of TRANS-123, winning DOA Case# TR-11-0016, and preventing DOT from winning DOA Case# TR-11-0028...

Face it. They were wrong. We've been handing them their tails here for a while now.

:beer:

undysworld

We've just learned that the "effective date" for the newly passed 2011 Wis. Act 235 will be July 2, 2012.

This means that beginning July 2, all pre-'70 (Oct. 1, 1969) former military vehicle, U.S. & foreign, may register for normal registration options. This includes all weight vehicles. (As always, a title or SF-97 is required, and as always, compliance with Wis. Equip. standards is a condition of operation. Just like civilian vehicles, Fed. Motor Carrier Safety Admin. rules apply to larger commercially used vehicles.)

Also remember that currently, ANY former U.S. military vehicle under 10,000 GVW may register for regular registration regardless of year, and regardless if there is a certification label.

We will be meeting with DOT this summer, to address vehicles over 10,000# gvw which are 1970 or newer. We'll keep you posted as this moves forward.

col.halftrack

well Done!
Thanks again
There is a steak dinner waiting for you Wisconsin guys in Kansas. If I get up thar sooner I'll treat you all at your local favorite chow hall.

trukhead

YIPPEEE, now I get to title and license My green camo near mint rustree M1008 with good ole poop slingin, hog tyin farm plates, (I live on a farm) or I could've put on regular truck plates!! YAY!!!!!!:jumpin::mrgreen:

License and title a 67 bug. 65 Mustang.......... :eek:

Now if the M35A3............ :driver:

Well done!!!!! [thumbzup]

I'm just :cookoo: for coco puffs...... :popcorn:

KORNDOG

1972 m817

So, If I understand correctly, If I wait a little while, I should be able to get a heavy truck plate in the next couple months or so?

They gave me the runaround too, and now the DOT wanted a picture of the Federal certification label.

Is there anything else we can do to help?

:deadhorse:

cx65083

I had NO problem getting a title at the DMV... so tested the waters further by applying for private heavy truck plates for my 1971 M813. I plan on using it for a weekend cruiser in town so I down graded it to 26000Lbs though. I doubt I will ever have it that loaded anyway. Even with 2.5 tons of gravel.... it wont be over 26000. So I'm hoping for the best. I will let everyone know how it's goes.

cx65083

I had NO problem getting a title at the DMV... so tested the waters further by applying for private heavy truck plates for my 1971 M813. I plan on using it for a weekend cruiser in town so I down graded it to 26000Lbs though. I doubt I will ever have it that loaded anyway. Even with 2.5 tons of gravel.... it wont be over 26000. So I'm hoping for the best. I will let everyone know how it's goes.

My 813 runs about 20500 empty.
I suppose if I hual a fully loaded 105 with gravel or something...(2500empty plus 2500 load) I'll hit 25500, but shouldnt go over 26000.

undysworld

cx65083,

Out of curiosity, what kind of vehicle did you get registered, and what plate type did you get?

Dezarms,

Just FYI, we don't anticipate any legislation until next Jan., which means that ex-mil vehicles over 10,000 GVW built after Sept. 1969 probably won't get titled & registered (for normal uses) for now.

According to WisDOT, vehicles over 10K GVW built before 9/69 are okay to title & register for normal uses now. We expect to see that date rolled forward to include all vehicles built prior to 1987, when Wisconsin Statute 341.10(6) gets amended to acknowledge the FMVSS-exemption for vehicles older than 25 years (as provided in Federal law). The next Wis. Legislative session will begins in January.

Until such a change is made, the newer trucks can still register as HMV. It just means restricted uses. When the newer trucks reach the 25 year age, the vehicle/s will no longer be restricted to HMV.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks